Well, shyt.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
About a year ago, I got out of my shyt job that I was working at, and finally ended up going to work full time for the county. Things didn't work out as well as I had hoped and I was taken off back in May to do other things. I opened up letters and tried to find alternate addresses to send bills to and then I was assigned to highlight important deeds. It was my understanding that I was doing a good job at that and I did that with the understanding that I would one day I'd get back on the job that I was doing. However, today my supervisor went to my dad (who works in the same building that I do, just in a different department) and told him that I was going to get 30 days to find another job. My supervisor will tell me this tomorrow. I don't know why she told him that first, I guess to soften the blow.

My question is: Anyone ever been fired from their job? Stories? Thoughts? It's such a humiliating experience. I honestly feel like I've wasted a year of my life. If I had known that I would have to pass tests and this job was going to be so goddamned technical (two things that were not explained to me in the first place), I wouldn't have took it in the first place and just stayed at my shyt job.

Last edited:

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
I been there, breh.

Important thing tho, don't get too caught up in the bullshyt of this situation. Sometimes gettin Uncle Phil'd from a gig throws you through the door of another and better opportunity. Just focus on that next first step, my dude.

A year of productivity is a year of adding to yourself professionally, and that shyt ain't ever a waste. :win:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I been there, breh.

Important thing tho, don't get too caught up in the bullshyt of this situation. Sometimes gettin Uncle Phil'd from a gig throws you through the door of another and better opportunity. Just focus on that next first step, my dude.

A year of productivity is a year of adding to yourself professionally, and that shyt ain't ever a waste. :win:

I appreciate that breh. It's overwhelming to say that the least. I know it's going to take a toll on me. Going from a full time, hours set job probably back down to part time. I don't have any school experience. I'm a diabetic so idk how I'm going to pay for my insulin and shots. I just don't know what to do and what think in such a short span of time yet. At my last job, I was like "Well I finally got out!" and I don't know if I can go back face everyone there so I'll look elsewhere. A lot of people were happy for me and happy to see me get out and I'm glad I don't really talk to anyone there anymore. Idk breh. I've been laying in my bed since about 5 sleeping and chain smoking. This has been a summer from hell.