We talk about how bad WCW botched the Starrcade 97 main event but what get's overlooked is how terrible Sting was booked in the months after

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Yeah the booking of the main event was terrible with Hogan dominating the offence and the Nick Patrick fukk up (which Hoegan probably told him to do), and then then immediately taking the title of him killed all his momentum, but the thing is even when they finally did the rematch at Superbrawl and Sting became undisputed champ he was booked like shyt. He had one successful PPV defence against Scott Hall in a bad match that didn't even main event the show (Hoegan v Savage part 304659697 had to of course :unimpressed:) then lost the title the next month to Savage. But even worse in the run up to that Savage match, Sting had a couple of big main events on Nitro against Nash who completely destroyed Sting in both matches and had Sting beat clean until some Hoegan/Savage fukkery saved him.

And then almost immediately after he joins up with Nash and Savage in the Wolf Pack :mindblown:

I'm not even some Sting super fan like that....never really liked him that much but rewatching these old Nitros it's fascinating to watch how badly the booking is on a micro level. People remember shyt like Starrcade 97, Warrior and the Finger Poke of Doom spelling the end for WCW but in reality it was more like death by a 1000 cuts. Just lots of dumb booking killing wrestler's heat. And this Sting shyt is a prime example.

DanielAlfredsson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Between they way they totally dropped the ball with Sting in that stretch AND at the same exact time totally fukking up Bret Hart's entrance and initial run in the company IMO nullifies any creative genius credit Bischoff, Sullivan et al get for the awesome NWO stuff of 96 97

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
creative genius credit Bischoff, Sullivan
I think ultimately they were more lucky than they were good. Sometimes it’s better to be lucky.

I think I have more respect for Sullivan and what he did in his career than I do for Bischoff. Sullivan is a flabby 5’7” dude, built like a fire hydrant made out play dough, that looks and sounds like he drives a snow plow, badly, for a living. There’s no logical reason he should have had the career he did.

What has Bischoff ever accomplished that didn’t involved Hogan, Nash, or Hall? This is a serious question cause I’m drawing a blank.

Last edited:

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
I think ultimately they were more lucky than they were good. Sometimes it’s better to be lucky.

I think I have more respect for Sullivan and what he did in his career than I do for Bischoff. Sullivan is a flabby 5’7” dude built like a fire hydrant mad out play dough that looks and sounds like he drives a snow plow, badly, for a living. There’s no logical reason he should have had the career he did.

What has Bischoff ever accomplished that didn’t involved Hogan, Nash, or Hall? This is a serious question cause I’m drawing a blank.

:mjlol:

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan

I think I have more respect for Sullivan and what he did in his career than I do for Bischoff. Sullivan is a flabby 5’7” dude built like a fire hydrant mad out play dough that looks and sounds like he drives a snow plow, badly, for a living. There’s no logical reason he should have had the career he did.

:russ:

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
The main thing is that the nWo should have started to crumble with all of the members starting to look at Hoegan as a weak leader after he lost the belt to Sting at Starrcade which should have eventually lead to the downfall and demise of the stable a couple of months later at Bash at the Beach on some "it ends where it began" type of irony.

Problem was that the nWo got WAAAAAYYYY too popular with the crowd to the point where the only person that could have been opposition for the nWo... was the nWo which is why it split into two different factions (nWo Hollywood vs nWo Wolfpac) which meant that Sting was no longer needed and therefor being booked like total garbage.

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
No top face was looked at like a herb more than Sting WCW never knew how to treat him like a there I say it....Superstar, who deserved to be booked like the top guy