We ROLLIN WIT 40s! Got New Rims on this Carr, Ready to ball! Official 2024 Saints Thread

Daps
I don't agree about tanking in the NFL doesn't work well like the NBA. We have a nice young core with Teddy or Taysom, Kamara and CGM. Build around those 3. Keep Lattimore and Bell and let Marcus Williams, Peat, Apple and Ginn walk.

I disagree, tanking works 100x better in the NFL where the worst record is guaranteed the #1 pick, as opposed to the NBA where the draft is a randomized lottery that can result in teams like the Pelicans winning it despite having only the ~6th worst record (not that i'm complaining bout that one instance :mjgrin:). NFL organizations just aren't as receptive to committing to it as a concept compared to NBA franchises for whatever reason. I also disagree that we have a good enough core worth building around; if you asked me back in 2017 I woulda agreed wholeheartedly thinking we had the league on lockdown for the next decade... now after 3 whole seasons and 3 years of these kinda horrible playoff exits it's more than apparent a lot of this roster ain't about it when the regular season ends and the games start to matter for real.

Paying Kamara and Lattimore big $$ because you don't have the stomach to cut your losses and own up to the fact that they've fallen off a cliff after their rookie campaigns and aren't the true franchise cornerstones you thought they were ain't a winning move IMO; only guys who've earned their big paydays are Thomas, Cam and soon to be Ramcyk. Can't afford to make the mistake teams like the Rams are making tying up hundreds of millions in mediocre players that obviously don't deserve it cause you drafted them and that's what you're "supposed to do". Only thing you're supposed to do is win the superbowl at the end of the day; and I think unless those guys you listed are willing to sign for much much less money than you're probably thinking in order preserve our future flexibility... then our path to getting back to the title game should lie in different hands. Just my opinion, one I don't think Loomis/Payton or many fans share at all though. Which is fine, agree to disagree :manny:

Crude

Superstar
Daps
I disagree, tanking works 100x better in the NFL where the worst record is guaranteed the #1 pick, as opposed to the NBA where the draft is a randomized lottery that can result in teams like the Pelicans winning it despite having only the ~6th worst record (not that i'm complaining bout that one instance :mjgrin:). NFL organizations just aren't as receptive to committing to it as a concept compared to NBA franchises for whatever reason. I also disagree that we have a good enough core worth building around; if you asked me back in 2017 I woulda agreed wholeheartedly thinking we had the league on lockdown for the next decade... now after 3 whole seasons and 3 years of these kinda horrible playoff exits it's more than apparent a lot of this roster ain't about it when the regular season ends and the games start to matter for real.

Paying Kamara and Lattimore big $$ because you don't have the stomach to cut your losses and own up to the fact that they've fallen off a cliff after their rookie campaigns and aren't the true franchise cornerstones you thought they were ain't a winning move IMO; only guys who've earned their big paydays are Thomas, Cam and soon to be Ramcyk. Can't afford to make the mistake teams like the Rams are making tying up hundreds of millions in mediocre players that obviously don't deserve it cause you drafted them and that's what you're "supposed to do". Only thing you're supposed to do is win the superbowl at the end of the day; and I think unless those guys you listed are willing to sign for much much less money than you're probably thinking in order preserve our future flexibility... then our path to getting back to the title game should lie in different hands. Just my opinion, one I don't think Loomis/Payton or many fans share at all though. Which is fine, agree to disagree :manny:
I'm not going to lie I was ready to disagree with you, but you actually made a lot of sense here and explained your points reasoning very well.

Kinda got me thinking now.

I'm might still keep Lattimore though. Kamara has looked suspect since he came back now.

We need to move on from Drew, but management is going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

b. woods

Peace
Daps
I swear, those stans/homers at Saints Report will move the Earth to avoid placing ANY blame on Brees and/or Payton. :smh:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Bruhhh... Can someone explain why losing Joe Brady doesn't affect anything or suspect playcalling / play design ? SR completely disregard this line of reasoning. Joe Brady did a lot of stuff for Payton.

Cause Sean P been doing it since fo Brady could spell NFL :dead:

Man flat out we just got beat by a team that always gives us hell. It's that simple. Trenches got abused and every play starts from there.

Daps
I'm not going to lie I was ready to disagree with you, but you actually made a lot of sense here and explained your points reasoning very well.

Kinda got me thinking now.

I'm might still keep Lattimore though. Kamara has looked suspect since he came back now.

We need to move on from Drew, but management is going to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Our secondary so :trash::trash: I can understand keeping Lattimore despite how disappointing he's been. I can't with Kamara; you seen how limited he is without Ingram splitting the workload. When Latavius Murray of all people outplaying and making you look near irrelevant I don't see any justification for spending millions on you. Especially since RBs have such a short shelf life and Payton somehow always has the offense humming in the regular season no matter how patchwork the roster gets with regards to secondary receivers and backs.

Management is definitely gonna give Drew a chance to go out on a higher note than this if he wants it. Which is fine, he is the franchise GOAT and a hero to the city and all... but they NEED to get a young successor on deck either in this draft or the next. Don't tie poor Teddy to the bench hostage for a 3rd year, when he could be getting a life changing payday elsewhere, just to keep this will they/won't they charade up again. Let that man go, either put Drew out to pasture if he's done or give him one last chance at a swan song with Hill as the main backup, and DRAFT A DAMN SUCCESSOR. No more putting that shyt off, real talk if it wasn't for Mike this woulda been undeniable 2 years ago. STILL makes me so upset knowing we threw away a first in 2018... to PASS ON LAMAR JACKSON!!!! :mindblown::snoop::mjcry:. I'm with Payton 100% unlike some reactionary trolls on twitter and thirsty Cowboys fans; get a young stud in this draft or the next and have him and Brees groom him to take the reins on this ship. I want to see what his mind can come up with with a younger, more mobile QB who's arm isn't noodle status.

horizon

Veteran
Daps
I'll say this though... Brees was lights out all of December and the line didn't show up today so talking about downhill or old yeller might just be you reeling from the loss...

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
Vikings dominated both lines for three quarters. Our lines finally woke up in the fourth but the O Line was still above average at best by then. Drew too damn savvy a vet to not know his O Line was getting eaten for lunch and to get the ball out quick. Dude was sitting back there like it was an all or nothing play.

Lutz missed FG was huge too. Every play counts. Every point counts. He’s a good kicker but got damn is he always liable for a shank.

Kamara cost himself money this year. He better come back with it next season. Lattimore gonna get paid but it is infuriating how he’s elite some games and average the next.

But my three biggest culprits was the O Line play (time to let Peat walk), Brees shytty game, and Lutz missed FG. There were a lot of other bad things too. The team as a whole got punched in the mouth and played like shyt. In fact, fukk the whole team. These nikkas let Kirk Cousins leave they house with a win. One year after letting Jared Goff leave they house with a win. The Dome ain’t as vaunted as we want to think...and this team window is probably closed. Last year was our best shot and the refs robbed us. That’s why it hurts cuz you’re liable to then have playoff runs like this where you go one and done.

Oh well. It was a fun era. Shame it won’t ever end with a Super Bowl title. Football gods hate us.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC

Yeah that all sounds good in theory but wanna know why it'll never work and what the Dolphins are going to find out? In order for that to be successful you have to hit on your draft picks and have them come in and be immediately better than the guys you got rid of. And the chances of that are slim.
Do i advise giving Marshon #1 top CB money? Nah. Do i think cutting him is smart? fukk no cause who you gonna get who better than him who you not gonna break the bank for? What CB in the draft you taking that you know gonna give you what Lattimore gives you?
Has AK played well this year? Nope. Hes played like a bytch on many plays but would I cut him? Not if my life depended on it. Wanna know why cause its more scheme related as to why he hasnt eaten (besides his injury slowing him down). Since nobody thinks we can beat them deep, cause we cant, everyone sits shorter and the space AK used to have to work isnt there anymore. He does need that big back to bang out the defense and we didnt use Murray right all year.

It's more scheme and other personnel reasons that we've known about since day 1 that we still havent hit on.

b. woods

Peace
Daps
Our secondary so :trash::trash: I can understand keeping Lattimore despite how disappointing he's been. I can't with Kamara; you seen how limited he is without Ingram splitting the workload. When Latavius Murray of all people outplaying and making you look near irrelevant I don't see any justification for spending millions on you. Especially since RBs have such a short shelf life and Payton somehow always has the offense humming in the regular season no matter how patchwork the roster gets with regards to secondary receivers and backs.

Management is definitely gonna give Drew a chance to go out on a higher note than this if he wants it. Which is fine, he is the franchise GOAT and a hero to the city and all... but they NEED to get a young successor on deck either in this draft or the next. Don't tie poor Teddy to the bench hostage for a 3rd year, when he could be getting a life changing payday elsewhere, just to keep this will they/won't they charade up again. Let that man go, either put Drew out to pasture if he's done or give him one last chance at a swan song with Hill as the main backup, and DRAFT A DAMN SUCCESSOR. No more putting that shyt off, real talk if it wasn't for Mike this woulda been undeniable 2 years ago. STILL makes me so upset knowing we threw away a first in 2018... to PASS ON LAMAR JACKSON!!!! :mindblown::snoop::mjcry:. I'm with Payton 100% unlike some reactionary trolls on twitter and thirsty Cowboys fans; get a young stud in this draft or the next and have him and Brees groom him to take the reins on this ship. I want to see what his mind can come up with with a younger, more mobile QB who's arm isn't noodle status.

Exactly.

Teddy B. could end up stuck out in a :smugfavre:-type of situation here and not be able to flourish elsewhere.

And unfortunately, even if they attempt to draft a future QB, it will be some "developmental" scrub like Garrett Grayson or Ryan Griffin. :snoop:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Cause Sean P been doing it since fo Brady could spell NFL :dead:

Man flat out we just got beat by a team that always gives us hell. It's that simple. Trenches got abused and every play starts from there.
NFL is an every changing game and sooner or later it passes you by unless you got excellent assistant doing their thing..

b. woods

Peace
Daps
Vikings dominated both lines for three quarters. Our lines finally woke up in the fourth but the O Line was still above average at best by then. Drew too damn savvy a vet to not know his O Line was getting eaten for lunch and to get the ball out quick. Dude was sitting back there like it was an all or nothing play.

Lutz missed FG was huge too. Every play counts. Every point counts. He’s a good kicker but got damn is he always liable for a shank.

Kamara cost himself money this year. He better come back with it next season. Lattimore gonna get paid but it is infuriating how he’s elite some games and average the next.

But my three biggest culprits was the O Line play (time to let Peat walk), Brees shytty game, and Lutz missed FG. There were a lot of other bad things too. The team as a whole got punched in the mouth and played like shyt. In fact, fukk the whole team. These nikkas let Kirk Cousins leave they house with a win. One year after letting Jared Goff leave they house with a win. The Dome ain’t as vaunted as we want to think...and this team window is probably closed. Last year was our best shot and the refs robbed us. That’s why it hurts cuz you’re liable to then have playoff runs like this where you go one and done.

Oh well. It was a fun era. Shame it won’t ever end with a Super Bowl title. Football gods hate us.

which will officially close the chapter on the disappointing 2015 Draft :camby: (which is lowkey on the same level as 2014 :scusthov:)

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
I think we all being a bit emotional with the “this guy needs to go” and “that guy needs to go”.

Some are legit. Like Peat. Maybe even a Marcus Williams. But AK? Lattimore? Nah bruh...now y’all tripping lol.

And I won’t let one bad Brees game have me wave the “he needs to retire” flag. I think he has at worst one season of high level play left.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
NFL is an every changing game and sooner or later it passes you by unless you got excellent assistant doing their thing..

Thats disrespectful to Sean P bruh

Dude did his thing this year with
1 WR
An old QB who cant push the ball downfield
A backup QB whos not gonna push the ball and take what the defense gives him
A 3rd string QB who a nikka with talent but not supreme at anything.
A star RB who was hobbled most of the year.
And Josh Hill.

How many coaches gonna have an offense moving enough to make it to the playoffs?

Was this his best game? Not even close. He wasnt in his bag But was it an avg SP game yeah Id say it was. And this wasnt a game where he could be avg but the team got 0 rhythm and part of thats on him and part of that is trying to get a run game going on 1st. We stayed behind the sticks