We ROLLIN WIT 40s! Got New Rims on this Carr, Ready to ball! Official 2024 Saints Thread

Daps
It was legit. Brady was looking at us before Tampa.

Apparently Brees got a word of this and suddenly had a change of heart about retirement and told the team he was coming back.

So Brady pivoted to Tampa.

If this was true I again put the majority of the blame on the front office and Payton as opposed to Brees; if Brady really had interest in us and the FO and coaching staff willingly chose Brees over him (after that all-time pathetic showing vs. the Vikings to boot), then that's on them. Can't blame Ol' MAGA Yeller for taking $50 million after getting shown up by Kirk fukkin Cousins in the offs if Loomis was dumb enough to offer it to him and Perco P was happy to welcome him back for another doomed year in spite of that performance :scust:

horizon

Veteran
Daps
I fukks heavy with Brees always and forever so him getting another ring would have been awesome for his legacy. I was cheering for that, yes.

But yeah, it wasn't a "Brees or nothing" mindset for me. We ran it back, he unfortunately got old, now it's time to move on. His legacy is still a damn good one. But I'm a Saints fan. I pray whoever the next QB is leapfrogs Drew as the GOAT. That's how fans are suppose to be. I'm gonna always want the next wave to be better than the last.
Exactly Brees spent the last two seasons trying to right the biggest wrong in the history of the sport even though his arm was falling off, he spent so many prime years carrying terrible squads I didn't mind him racking up wins and numbers these last couple of years but last Sunday's game was proof it's time to move on as it's finally gotten to the point where he's holding us back.

Edit: fukk jared cook, fukk marcus williams, and fukk payton for 2014-2016 if I had known 2020 would be the end I'd have been raising hell those three years

b. woods

Peace
Daps
If this was true I again put the majority of the blame on the front office and Payton as opposed to Brees; if Brady really had interest in us and the FO and coaching staff willingly chose Brees over him, after that all-time pathetic showing vs. the Vikings, then that's on them. Can't blame Ol' MAGA Yeller for taking $50 million after getting shown up by Kirk fukkin Cousins in the offs if Loomis was dumb enough to offer it to him and Perco P was happy to welcome him back for another doomed year in spite of that performance :scust:

Sean P. DEFINITELY deserves most of the blame, given the power he wields within the organization. :ufdup:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Sean P. DEFINITELY deserves most of the blame, given the power he wields within the organization. :ufdup:
Man... When everyone comes together and figures out the right person to blame. :mjgrin:

The guy that be snapping on reporters asking poorly worded questions, but speaking facts regardless. This team has a playoff problem since 2009. The offensive side of the ball been underperforming at that since 2011.

b. woods

Peace
Daps
Man... When everyone comes together and figures out the right person to blame. :mjgrin:

The guy that be snapping on reporters asking poorly worded questions, but speaking facts regardless. This team has a playoff problem since 2009. The offensive side of the ball been underperforming at that since 2011.

:dry: Yep, the "Offensive Genius" with our Offense looking struggle status in the postseason :ufdup:

The same one who continues to keep "#80" on this team :scusthov: @You know damn well

And Brees is on record advocating for that legendary scrub :scust:, and he deserves flack for it as well. :ufdup: @horizon

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
L
If this was true I again put the majority of the blame on the front office and Payton as opposed to Brees; if Brady really had interest in us and the FO and coaching staff willingly chose Brees over him (after that all-time pathetic showing vs. the Vikings to boot), then that's on them. Can't blame Ol' MAGA Yeller for taking $50 million after getting shown up by Kirk fukkin Cousins in the offs if Loomis was dumb enough to offer it to him and Perco P was happy to welcome him back for another doomed year in spite of that performance :scust:
Like I said, I respect Brees' gangsta. I'm not gonna lie, I'm petty and probably would have done the same thing lol. fukk I look like letting my contemporary come on the team I built and win a ring. Nah..too much pride for that lol

taker597

Superstar
Daps
L

Like I said, I respect Brees' gangsta. I'm not gonna lie, I'm petty and probably would have done the same thing lol. fukk I look like letting my contemporary come on the team I built and win a ring. Nah..too much pride for that lol
Like Brees knew that this year was our last prime season before the cap monster comes knocking. We could of stretch it another year, but we could used this season to acclimate a new QB. Him not bowing out because it leaked that Brady was coming to town desreves some slander. Like maybe 20% at best. The rest on Payton and Loomis

taker597

Superstar
Daps
In fact... Brees stupid dead cap made it even harder for us. Imagine if we could instantly never have that 36 million dead cap. We could save a lot of depth and players.

b. woods

Peace
Daps
Exactly Brees spent the last two seasons trying to right the biggest wrong in the history of the sport even though his arm was falling off, he spent so many prime years carrying terrible squads I didn't mind him racking up wins and numbers these last couple of years but last Sunday's game was proof it's time to move on as it's finally gotten to the point where he's holding us back.

Edit: fukk jared cook, fukk marcus williams, and fukk payton for 2014-2016 if I had known 2020 would be the end I'd have been raising hell those three years

I'm glad you brought THIS up. :scust:

Lowkey, "7-9 Purgatory" was the beginning of the end of the Brees era, as it was the last time he was truly a threat in ALL 3 levels of passing. :francis:

By the time we got out of it in 2017 and the Defense began to get better, it was too late, and his skills (and health) unfortunately began to decline. :snoop:

2018, when he was the runner-up to Mahomes for MVP, was pretty much a "last hurrah" season for him, sort of like :smugfavre: in 2009, and coincidentally the last time we were TRULY a Super Bowl threat, and we all know how that ended. :dry:

Put 2014-16 Brees with our 2017- Defense, and we do not struggle to put up points on Offense in the postseason and probably pull off another Super Bowl win. :blessed:

What could have been, brehs. :mjcry:

Everyone who was responsible for/had a hand in that :trash: "Defense" AND "Special" Teams during "7-9 Purgatory" deserves the worst for wasting what could have been Championship years. :pacspit:

horizon

Veteran
Daps
I'm glad you brought THIS up. :scust:

Lowkey, "7-9 Purgatory" was the beginning of the end of the Brees era, as it was the last time he was truly a threat in ALL 3 levels of passing. :francis:

By the time we got out of it in 2017 and the Defense began to get better, it was too late, and his skills (and health) unfortunately began to decline. :snoop:

2018, when he was the runner-up to Mahomes for MVP, was pretty much a "last hurrah" season for him, sort of like :smugfavre: in 2009, and coincidentally the last time we were TRULY a Super Bowl threat, and we all know how that ended. :dry:

Put 2014-16 Brees with our 2017- Defense, and we do not struggle to put up points on Offense in the postseason and probably pull off another Super Bowl win. :blessed:

What could have been, brehs. :mjcry:

Everyone who was responsible for/had a hand in that :trash: "Defense" during 2014-16 deserves the worst. :pacspit:
Three wasted years, completely inexcusable.

b. woods

Peace
Daps
Three wasted years, completely inexcusable.

:trash: "Defense"

:trash: "Special" Teams

:trash: Drafts (except 2016, which laid the foundation for us to get out the mud :blessed:)

:trash: Coaching Staff

:trash: Front Office

:trash: 1st-Generation NIKE Uniforms

Sidenote: And the bullshyt "BountyGate" season :pacspit: also took away a season that we can never get back. :smh:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Brees that dude and I appreciate him but it was time for him to go.
As a kid I woulda wanted him to stay forever but as a grown man I aint got no hero attachment to none of these nikkas. You gotta go:camby:
I'll give em multiple chances but at a certain point the game is the game.
Like Cam slowing down, I'm not ready to bush him yet but next year we need at least 8-10 sacks or he gon be on my list :usure: