We ROLLIN WIT 40s! Got New Rims on this Carr, Ready to ball! Official 2024 Saints Thread

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
I honestly don't know who we draft.
This draft weak af.
I dont like the QBs. Trask and Mac aren't cornerstone QBs.
WR deep but I actually like our WR core atm
TE is meh unless that big crakka from ND there late, but I like Troutman
OL I wouldn't mind a Tackle. Armstead kinda up there and always have random injuries.
Dline good.
LB is a need but I got to see who out there late in the 1st. If we can get one who as my dad says "plays like a nikka :mjpls:" I'd take him.
CB I'm always a fan of taking CBs
We gon take a safety in the mid rounds as usual so there's that :russ:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
who do ya'll think we should draft in round 1 and 2

some got us getting
kyle trask from florida aka taysom hill 2.0
the de end from duke dimukeje

others have
samuel from fsu
r moore from purdue
mac jones from @portcityplaya university
holland from oregon
z collins rom tulsa
marshall from lsu :comeon:
moses from @portcityplaya university
A CB, DL, or Coverage Linebacker in the 1st

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
This loss still stings too much for me to talk draft. I don't even know if I wanna get into the draft this year. I probably will though lol.

But after the last 4 years I really don't wanna get invested again going into the 2021 season mane. :snoop:
The only thing I'd hate is I don't want Carolina or Atlanta to have any success lol. Tampa has a chance to already lap us this Sunday if they win :aicmon:

Idk, just feels like with the window shut it's no point in getting excited about anything for this upcoming season.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Idk I think it's pretty telling that Ryan was the only coach Payton was like "fukk that, you ain't going nowhere".

Seems like Payton was cool with everyone going for greener pastures except Ryan and Ireland.
I don't know. Calling defense is a coverage game. Ryan will need an Xs and Os secondary guy. I would like bring in a Raven assistant that can bring in a great disguise game. I'll be mad worried that Ryan will calling basic cover 3.

Crude

Superstar
Daps
I had to take some time to think about this.

Drew should have taken his ass 2018 season. Sean stayed loyal to him to long in my opinion.

Sometimes it's better to move on from a guy a year or two to early than a year or two late.

This team overachieved in the regular season between the Brees and Thomas injuries.

We wasted a few prime years and championship caliber rosters, that is very frustrating.

We'll see how Sean Payton and Mickey Loomis handle the retirement of Drew and the inevitable salary cap hell that we are facing the next few years. I got a feeling we got a few mediocre 8-8 or 9-7 mediocre years on a soft rebuild before we return to a legit contender.

b. woods

Peace
Daps
I had to take some time to think about this.

Drew should have taken his ass 2018 season. Sean stayed loyal to him to long in my opinion.

Sometimes it's better to move on from a guy a year or two to early than a year or two late.

This team overachieved in the regular season between the Brees and Thomas injuries.

We wasted a few prime years and championship caliber rosters, that is very frustrating.

We'll see how Sean Payton and Mickey Loomis handle the retirement of Drew and the inevitable salary cap hell that we are facing the next few years. I got a feeling we got a few mediocre 8-8 or 9-7 mediocre years on a soft rebuild before we return to a legit contender.

Adjust that to the possible 17 games.

The floor of the "Payton Principle" will be 7-10. :lolbron:

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O
Newly-acquired linebacker Kwon Alexander is the most obvious candidate to be released or work out a pay cut after he tore his Achilles in December. Alexander was scheduled to earn $13.4 million in 2021, but only $2 million was guaranteed in the case of injury.

Cornerback Janoris Jenkins (due $10.2 million in salary and bonuses), receiver Emmanuel Sanders ($8 million), safety Malcolm Jenkins ($6.2 million), offensive lineman Nick Easton ($6.5 million), defensive tackle Malcom Brown ($5 million), punter Thomas Morstead ($3.5 million), running back Latavius Murray ($3.35 million), tight end Josh Hill ($2.6 million) and cornerback Patrick Robinson ($2.1 million) could also be considered for trades, releases or pay cuts in an offseason filled with difficult decisions.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
Man I still can't believe Brees was our ultimate downfall. Damn. :shaq2:

Hot take: Give us any decent QB like Matt Stafford or even Derek Carr and I bet we would be in the NFCCG this week and would have won it.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Man I still can't believe Brees was our ultimate downfall. Damn. :shaq2:

Hot take: Give us any decent QB like Matt Stafford or even Derek Carr and I bet we would be in the NFCCG this week and would have won it.
Kind of wild if we would of gotten Tom Brady like we should of....(But I don't think Brady would sign here unless he got his people hired. Which I don't think will happen.) Easy 1st round bye and Superbowl lock.

This Brees loyalty really fukked us in the long run, but we gave him what he wanted. So, it's not his fault. MGMT should of told Brees... "No. Your body has given out the last two years. It's not going to benefit us to waste a 3rd and final year of our championship squad on it"

Now we are ass up $100 million over cap, no QB and completely out of reach of the QB rich draft to solve those issues.

Now, are only option is Winston as our only plan. Which is scary if that doesn't work in FA. We draft a QB that's available at our pick that barely get pressured in their college career. They aren't playing next year, because they aren't gonna know what to do against NFL rushers. So, we could end up with Taysom playing QB.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
:hhh:
If we end up with either of them ,we throwing hands
If those two start last Sunday, we win.
Basically, we wasted our talented roster hoping that Brees had one more run in him when he didn't.

Now, in typical Saints luck, we gonna have to gut our team starting this offseason so we won't be able just to plug and play any ol QB and still win like we did with Taysom and Teddy. So unless we miraculously get a top tier QB again, cloudy days are ahead.

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
Kind of wild if we would of gotten Tom Brady like we should of....(But I don't think Brady would sign here unless he got his people hired. Which I don't think will happen.) Easy 1st round bye and Superbowl lock.

This Brees loyalty really fukked us in the long run, but we gave him what he wanted. So, it's not his fault. MGMT should of told Brees... "No. Your body has given out the last two years. It's not going to benefit us to waste a 3rd and final year of our championship squad on it"

Now we are ass up $100 million over cap, no QB and completely out of reach of the QB rich draft to solve those issues.

Now, are only option is Winston as our only plan. Which is scary if that doesn't work in FA. We draft a QB that's available at our pick that barely get pressured in their college career. They aren't playing next year, because they aren't gonna know what to do against NFL rushers. So, we could end up with Taysom playing QB.
Yeah and a portion of Saints fans will say they are fine with going down swinging with Brees instead of having better odds with Brady. fukk that lol.

Now I admittedly have the benefit of hindsight now, but had I known Brees would fall off this much, I would have for sure went with Brady.

I am a Brees stan forever but my god, I'm a Saints fan first. I want Super Bowls above all. I'm not cheering for a player's legacy, I'm cheering for my team to win it all.

I'll gladly admit I wanted Brees back this season because I thought he could hold up one last season. I was wrong. He actually still played fairly well in the regular season all things considered :manny:

But no matter how many games he misses he always hits a brick wall in January. I didn't think Brady would still look as good in January as he still looks so yeah, in hindsight, give me Brady.:francis:

b. woods

Peace
Daps

:whoa: We are not the Funboys. :dame: