We ROLLIN WIT 40s! Got New Rims on this Carr, Ready to ball! Official 2024 Saints Thread

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
That one Saints Stephen is going all in on wanting to trade Michael Thomas for a rookie QB.

Which sounds super silly.
We’ll see this offseason if Mike Florio’s report about MT’s camp wanting a trade at the trade deadline holds any weight.

For some reason, I can see MT asking for one.

He’s an integral piece if that was all BS (which Payton said it was), but we’ll see.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
We’ll see this offseason if Mike Florio’s report about MT’s camp wanting a trade at the trade deadline holds any weight.

For some reason, I can see MT asking for one.

He’s an integral piece if that was all BS (which Payton said it was), but we’ll see.
That whole nonsense made zero sense. Underhill called it BS too.

Daps
Lol I want a black QB for sure though.

I’m willing to ride with Jameis but dude gotta prove to us he can LEAD. We know he can sling it.

Sadly it’s an indictment on him that he leaves Tampa and they get 43 year old Brady and suddenly are in the NFCCG.

That’s the difference between great QBs and ok QBs to me. Kirk Cousins can come here and throw for 5,000. But can he lead us? I’m not trying to be like Falcons fans bragging about “our great offense” and “hOF qB” stats with no meaningful wins to show for it.

I hope Jameis gets the chance to get the last laugh. I’m rooting for him.

Honestly, whoever is next at QB I’m rooting to surpass Drew. I’m not THAT hung on Drew where I’m gonna “quit football” like some Saints fans are lol :mjlol: . I can acknowledge Drew as the GOAT for us while hoping like hell the next QB surpasses him. Numbers wise Brees set the bar high, nearly unattainable. SB wise he only has one. So whatever QB can lead us to two Super Bowls can easily take the mantle lol.

Payton needs to get a way to let Houston choose us as Watson’s destination though. Yeah that would be great.

You got it the wrong way around; Watson has a no trade clause, so if he threatens to hold out he will hold all the cards and be able to choose his own destination and which team he will waive it for. Payton and/or someone on the team or coaching staff need to start that tampering yesterday and convince him this is where he belongs for the rest of his prime years. His cap hit is apparently only like $10 million for the team acquiring him too so it shouldn't be 100% impossible for us to pull off despite the cap hell we're about to be plunged into. If we're trading Mike (who I think was playing hurt yesterday and most of this year like AK was last season) it needs to be for a player of Watson's caliber, not some random # great white late 1st round hype rookie like Mac Jones :mjpls:

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
You got it the wrong way around; Watson has a no trade clause, so if he threatens to hold out he will hold all the cards and be able to choose his own destination and which team he will waive it for. Payton and/or someone on the team or coaching staff need to start that tampering yesterday and convince him this is the best place where he belongs for the rest of his career. His cap hit is apparently only like $10 million for the team acquiring him too. If we're trading Mike (who I think was playing hurt yesterday and most of this year like AK was last season) it needs to be for a player of Watson's caliber, not some random # great white late 1st round hype rookie like Mac Jones :mjpls:
He’d be the first person to get his way in the NFL like NBA players do it all the time. AD, Harden...

sadly I think there’s places he would be willing to go to like Miami who has more capital than us AND could offer Houston a potential franchise QB as well.

Daps
He’d be the first person to get his way in the NFL like NBA players do it all the time. AD, Harden...

sadly I think there’s places he would be willing to go to like Miami who has more capital than us AND could offer Houston a potential franchise QB as well.

You're not wrong that there's other teams that have more assets than us, but you gotta remember this ain't the NBA; these stingy NFL front offices are loathe to give up even a single first rounder in trades for bonafide superstars. Look how relatively little all-pro players like Odell have been thrown away for; we're one of the few franchises these days that is actually willing to give up multiple first rounders to move up in the draft for guys like Mr. 2 Firsts, let alone acquire a true generational talent like Watson in a trade. And again, Watson is the one who holds all the cards in this situation; doesn't matter if Miami or the Jets call Houston offering Tua/Darnold and a bunch of picks more than we do if he ultimately refuses to waive his NTC for those teams. Just gotta hope he decides (or convince him discreetly off the record :mjlit::troll:) that he belongs with the most winning franchise in the NFL over the past half decade (in the regular season at least :mjcry:).

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
You're not wrong that there's other teams that have more assets than us, but you gotta remember this ain't the NBA; these stingy NFL front offices are loathe to give up even a single first rounder in trades for bonafide superstars. Look how relatively little all-pro players like Odell have been thrown away for; we're one of the few franchises these days that is actually willing to give up multiple first rounders to move up in the draft for guys like Mr. 2 Firsts, let alone acquire a true generational talent like Watson in a trade. And again, Watson is the one who holds all the cards in this situation; doesn't matter if Miami or the Jets call Houston offering Tua/Darnold and a bunch of picks more than we do if he ultimately refuses to waive his NTC for those teams. Just gotta hope (or convince him discreetly off the record :mjlit::troll:) that he belongs with the most winning franchise in the NFL over the past half decade (in the regular season at least :mjcry:).
Seeing you mention “Mr Two Firsts” just made me click out for a minute.

I caped for him a lot but Davenport is officially a bust. Dude was non existent this year as the season went along.

I even had an olive branch offered to him to just make a big play in the playoffs and I would justify that’s why we traded up for him and nothing. Man. What a strike out.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
You got it the wrong way around; Watson has a no trade clause, so if he threatens to hold out he will hold all the cards and be able to choose his own destination and which team he will waive it for. Payton and/or someone on the team or coaching staff need to start that tampering yesterday and convince him this is where he belongs for the rest of his prime years. His cap hit is apparently only like $10 million for the team acquiring him too so it shouldn't be 100% impossible for us to pull off despite the cap hell we're about to be plunged into. If we're trading Mike (who I think was playing hurt yesterday and most of this year like AK was last season) it needs to be for a player of Watson's caliber, not some random # great white late 1st round hype rookie like Mac Jones :mjpls:
Mac Jones ain't it. He would struggle with nfl pressure mightily.

b. woods

Peace
Daps
Lol I want a black QB for sure though.

I’m willing to ride with Jameis but dude gotta prove to us he can LEAD.

:pachaha: Breh, that "leadership and IQ though. That won’t show on the stat sheet" sounds like an excerpt from the Official :mjpls: Sports Handbook, which includes other :mjpls: excerpts such as:

"Play the game the RIGHT way" :mjpls:

"Let your game do the talking for you" :mjpls:

"Headiness" :mjpls:

"Sneaky athleticism" :mjpls:

McCACfrey was the 2019 cover person. :mjpls:

I guess Taysom was the 2020 one. :mjpls:

I’m not THAT hung on Drew where I’m gonna “quit football” like some Saints fans are lol :mjlol:

:mjlol: I know you and @taker597 saw that one Stanley on SR who made that thread saying that he was DONE with the team now that Brees is retiring.
BkIFJBS.jpg

Payton needs to get a way to let Houston choose us as Watson’s destination though. Yeah that would be great.

:wow:

Payton and/or someone on the team or coaching staff need to start that tampering

Just gotta hope he decides (or convince him discreetly off the record :mjlit::troll:)

:whoa: Don't need to give that piece of shyt GoodeLL :pacspit: another reason to fukk us over :damn: