We ROLLIN WIT 40s! Got New Rims on this Carr, Ready to ball! Official 2024 Saints Thread

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
giphy.gif

You don’t get the high road...

You don’t get peace

LastEmp back:mjlit:
goodluck to you next season

this is where we pull for the saints :wow:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Blair Wash on the practice Squad

I'd still rather have Lutz kicking in the clutch. Lutz has a real knack for making gamw winners while Blair chokes in tight situations.

If Lutz plant legs really is still injured. I don't know what to do. He's basically useless outside of the 40s. His kicks are hooking like he can't get a strong plant to aim his kicks.

Lutz still is pretty clutch.

There is also a lot going on that we don't know.

Through games 1-8... We've attempted 17 FG and made 16. The 2nd half of the season... Just 11.

I don't understand what happened to his plant leg and why it continues to give him issues. He has no reason to have yips. No crushing game winning miss. I think since 2017... He hasn't missee a 4Th QTR field goal in his career while trailing.

Yet, I don't understand why his plant leg would srill be giving him issue. It's been like 2 months.

This slump is simply unprecedented for a Kicker like Lutz. Especially, one with such fantastic 2nd half kicking stats in the clutch.

@NOSaintsFan02

What you think? I still about that #KickersAintshyt and I rather never settle for FG, because Field goal kicking is such a crap shoot and art at the same time.

Wash ain't give you any game winners in his back pocket, tho.

Last edited:

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
Blair Wash on the practice Squad

I'd still rather have Lutz kicking in the clutch. Lutz has a real knack for making gamw winners while Blair chokes in tight situations.

If Lutz plant legs really is still injured. I don't know what to do. He's basically useless outside of the 40s. His kicks are hooking like he can't get a strong plant to aim his kicks.

Lutz still is pretty clutch.

There is also a lot going on that we don't know.

Through games 1-8... We've attempted 17 FG and made 16. The 2nd half of the season... Just 11.

I don't understand what happened to his plant leg and why it continues to give him issues. He has no reason to have yips. No crushing game winning miss. I think since 2017... He hasn't missee a 4Th QTR field goal in his career while trailing.

Yet, I don't understand why his plant leg would srill be giving him issue. It's been like 2 months.

This slump is simply unprecedented for a Kicker like Lutz. Especially, one with such fantastic 2nd half kicking stats in the clutch.

@NOSaintsFan02

What you think? I still about that #KickersAintshyt and I rather never settle for FG, because Field goal kicking is such a crap shoot and art at the same time.

Wash ain't give you any game winners in his back pocket, tho.
You ride with Lutz unless he really is hurt.

As critical as I am of Lutz, and as fearful as I am that he's going to botch a GW FG for us to finalize the patented Saints playoff heartbreaker, there's no one off the street who is better, certainly not Walsh.

It's unfortunate because everytime Lutz shows flashes as being able to be a top 3 kicker in the league, he comes to a screeching halt. The same thing happened to Hartley, he was killing it, and man he made some big ass FGs in the Super Bowl. I thought he was about to ascend to a top 3 kicker, and then he just fell off horribly. I hope that's not what is about to happen with Lutz.

But right now Lutz is a problem and we either have to pray he gets his shyt together, which he has shown us no reason to have faith he will, or we have to avoid putting ourselves in a position of having to rely on him to win a game.

It's a shame because he and Morstead are playing average as hell right now when they should be a strong suit of our team.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
So, we get our most penalized ref with the highest disparity between both team from the regular season.

Well played NFL.

He did the Las Vegas Raiders game

10-129
3-13

5 1st downs by penalty.

So, I full expect our recievers to get mugged and we won't be able to breathe on Yampa without a call.

Blehhhhh... Extra day rest, a one sided officiating crew, and Tom Brady media hype gonna make this the longest week ever.

At this point... I'm not even gonna be surprised by what happens.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
You ride with Lutz unless he really is hurt.

As critical as I am of Lutz, and as fearful as I am that he's going to botch a GW FG for us to finalize the patented Saints playoff heartbreaker, there's no one off the street who is better, certainly not Walsh.

It's unfortunate because everytime Lutz shows flashes as being able to be a top 3 kicker in the league, he comes to a screeching halt. The same thing happened to Hartley, he was killing it, and man he made some big ass FGs in the Super Bowl. I thought he was about to ascend to a top 3 kicker, and then he just fell off horribly. I hope that's not what is about to happen with Lutz.

But right now Lutz is a problem and we either have to pray he gets his shyt together, which he has shown us no reason to have faith he will, or we have to avoid putting ourselves in a position of having to rely on him to win a game.

It's a shame because he and Morstead are playing average as hell right now when they should be a strong suit of our team.
Yeah.... I think he injuried that plant leg and doesn't trust it to go 100% through his plant.

Plant Step

The plant step is where the real magic happens in a kicker’s motion. While everything before sets the stage, this is where the energy and momentum of the approach is converted into torque that is put through the ball. The location and angle of the plant help to guide both the vertical and horizontal trajectory of the ball, making this the most important part of any kicker’s swing. Generally, most kickers aim to plant with the ball in line with the arch of their foot or just behind the arch with the foot oriented directly through the target. This helps to maintain a downward swing through the ball that generates lift, much like a golfer’s swing. If a plant step is too far forward, a kicker may jam himself and be unable to clear his hips, resulting in lower trajectories and weakened accuracy. If a plant step is too far back, the kicker is likely to spin off the ball, resulting in a slicing trajectory and reduced power. Horizontally, a plant step should typically be anywhere from 6-10 inches from the ball, though individual kickers may have plants that are slightly closer or further from the ball. Once again, the key here is consistency from one kick to the next, as different physiologies may require slightly different techniques in order to maximize a kicker’s talent.

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O
So, we get our most penalized ref with the highest disparity between both team from the regular season.

Well played NFL.

He did the Las Vegas Raiders game

10-129
3-13

5 1st downs by penalty.

So, I full expect our recievers to get mugged and we won't be able to breathe on Yampa without a call.

Blehhhhh... Extra day rest, a one sided officiating crew, and Tom Brady media hype gonna make this the longest week ever.

At this point... I'm not even gonna be surprised by what happens.
We getting that moist ass ref with the lisp??
Yep it's over
Good season saints im proud of y'all

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Officiating is going to keep Tampa alive enough to make it a 50/50 game. So, Dennis Allen and Defense will probably have to shut down a game winning drive in the 4th QTR.

Expect a heavy menu of holding and DPI...