We just got a turf and sleds at the gym

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo!

One of the reasons I hate doing Cardio is that it's boring as fukk. You couldn't pay me to run on a treadmill and I tolerate running on a track. Our gym replaced the basketball court with a turf and lots of equipment. Battle ropes, pull-up station with monkey bars, wall climbing, etc. But the best thing they did is purchase sleds.

What a wonderful way to work on build strength (especially legs) and conditioning without machines or running. I did 6 sets of pushing a sled with 120 pounds back and forth the length of a basketball court and it was grueling. That shyt had my legs feeling like spaghetti and it got my heart rate up like crazy.

I am now looking forward to including a separate day just for conditioning. Probably going to be a mix of battle ropes and various sled workouts.

Any of you brehs ever fukk with Sleds?

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Yo!

One of the reasons I hate doing Cardio is that it's boring as fukk. You couldn't pay me to run on a treadmill and I tolerate running on a track. Our gym replaced the basketball court with a turf and lots of equipment. Battle ropes, pull-up station with monkey bars, wall climbing, etc. But the best thing they did is purchase sleds.

Sounds nice.....except for the bolded part. That's a deal breaker in my life :dead:

DredScott

Take these jewelz...
Daps
doing sled pushes are fukkin killer...

if i'm maxing out I can do 15 45lb plates on an 80lb sled back and fourth 3 times with a 1:30 break in between, but lately i been trying to do them for time and with two other exercises mixed in so I haven't done that much in months.

i been ending my leg days the last 2 months by starting with 8 45lb plates and pushing the sled to one side then immediately picking up an 90lb straight barbell and doing alternating lunges back to the original starting point and immediately drop it and doing one set of stairs up and down the two story staircase at my gym and my goal is to do all that in 1 minute or less. I meet that goal up until the last set where my legs and lungs are fukking dead and I end up finishing by like 1:25 or so, I usually do 4 sets of that and add 1 45lb plate to the sled after each set. shyt is fukking horrible but it easily beats trying to do standard cardio on a treadmill or elliptical and is a great way to gauge my endurance and strength at the end of my workout.

Last edited:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Is you don't have access to a sled, you can get a similar effect using a treadmill.

Adjust the incline but don't set it to a speed.

Klyk21

Hate is Rising, Love is Dying....
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Ga
that's a real fukking gym then....wish mine would do that.

Bone Bender

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is it possible to replicate the overall body strength you gain from squats solely by using sleds or those sleds that you drag with rope/chains?

What about doing away with working with barbels/dumbbells altogether and do weighted workouts using only sleds? Can you make decent strength gains by doing that?

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is it possible to replicate the overall body strength you gain from squats solely by using sleds or those sleds that you drag with rope/chains?

What about doing away with working with barbels/dumbbells altogether and do weighted workouts using only sleds? Can you make decent strength gains by doing that?

Good question. I personally can't do heavy squat or deads anymore cause of my back. I get a crazy burn with the sleds though so I'm guessing It's working.