“We gonna have elections for school principals done by the parents it will be great” 🍊

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Can someone smarter than me explain why this is a bad idea because this sounds like a good idea.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Can someone smarter than me explain why this is a bad idea because this sounds like a good idea.

Oh gee, I don't know.

How about in an area where a Black principal might be the best candidate, but the school is 60% white kids.

How you think that vote will end up? And why do you think that's a good idea?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Because good educational policy is a very difficult subject that takes a great deal of work to understand, and random-ass people who have never worked in the field, never taken a single course in the field, and whose own education is 25-30 years out of date are HORRIBLE at knowing what good educational policy looks like.

70% of parents literally just run with "However I was taught is the way it should be!" and know nothing more than that. The majority of parents would immediately vote for whoever taught the same as 50 years ago before they would vote for someone who was using the most cutting-edge, scientifically proven, well-tested techniques.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
And I'm not saying that parents shouldn't be involved in education. They SHOULD be involved in their schools, because being involved in the school improves student behavior and performance and schools with lots of parents involved are less likely to slack off on doing right by the kids.

In terms of who I think would be most qualified to vote for a principal, I would rank it as:

1. Recent graduates of the school who are now studying education
2. All recent graduates of the school
3. Teachers at the school
4. Current students at the school
9. Parents
10. Grandparents

There are few people involved in education who have worse ideas about how to teach than parents do.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Gotta admit,this is innovation, and some might even call it a tangible. Time for the Democrats to come with a full court press. Weve given them countless ideas to sink their teeth into:respect:

bzb

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
being a principal is more than a popularity contest.

this is a bad idea because people who can afford to out-campaign a more qualified person might win. one of the problem with politics today.

the best principals typically have a lot of training for the position, educational and real world experience, and were preferably a teacher themselves.

this guy just says shyt cause it sounds good, but doesn't think anything through. he's like an impulsive child.