We get way too much stuff from China

OfTheCross

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
I know it's known, but damn. looking at the graph makes it seem like ALOT.

We need to diversify that quite a bit...

us-largest-trading-partners-infographic-2021.jpg

Who Does the U.S. Trade Most With?​

In 2021, U.S trade of goods amounted to nearly $4.6 trillion and Canada, Mexico, and China were America’s largest trading partners. Those three countries alone combined for a total trade of $1.9 trillion, equal to about 41% of all trade of goods.

Let’s take a look at the 10 countries that trade the most with the United States:

jdnc41.jpg

Which Countries Does the U.S. Have the Largest Trade Deficit With?​

The largest trade deficit is undoubtedly with China, which accounts for more than 32% of the U.S. trade deficit in goods.

The $355 billion deficit with China comes from importing $506 billion in goods such as machinery, furniture, and bedding. Interestingly, many of those imports are made by American companies who outsource their production to China. These outsourcing activities are counted as imports even though they create profit for these U.S. companies.

Below we order U.S. trade partners by trade deficit of goods:

jdnaEP.jpg

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
I mean there are enough good clothes in America now to just thrift it to each other for a decade than buy some made in China stuff every season

While true, that unfortunately is neglecting the general psyche of the american consumer :francis:

I personally am donating a ton of my clothing soon due to downsizing but there would have to be significant marketing campaigns with the intent to have americans essentially spend less which is counterintuitive to business. Uncle Sam would have to start popping out PSAs and that would be a bad look for an administration to basically tell Americans that you should be buying used clothing because the economy is ass