WCW Going to North Korea in 1995

nomoreneveragain

Superstar
Daps
http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/201...-flair-oral-history-pro-wrestling-north-korea

Imagine if Hogan in the Red and White went got pinned in North Korea 1-2-3?

Or Paying Respect to a Communist Leader

Bischoff: The first thing that we did was stop and pay homage to Kim Il-sung, who had just died barely a year before. I was in the front of the line with Antonio Inoki and a gentleman by the name of Masa Saito, who was a big part of the New Japan organization. And the cameras were rolling. And they were not just cameras, they were the old style—you know, clickclickclickclick. It was like stepping back into the '40s or '30s.

Ali da Gawd

Norton: They wanted us to go pay our respects to whatever this cat’s name was. We start walking up these stairs, the whole group of us—Muhammad Ali, Inoki. We were walking up these—it seemed like a thousand steps, maybe more—to worship their first dictator, who started all the crazy s--- over there. Muhammad Ali, he’s kind of having a hard time. The next thing you know, he starts kind of bouncing around. You always kept an eye on that guy when he was around you because it was so... prestigious. He snaps out of the Parkinson’s and took his jacket off—I watched this, I was amazed. He took his jacket off and untied his tie. And he started jogging up these stairs.

Scott Steiner: There was no shaking. It was weird how when he went back to training, he was fine. That’s what his body remembered. He started running those stairs and I just went, Holy s--

Last edited:

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
Good thing they all went when they were young and sane.

Ric Flair; Rick and Scott Steiner; Road Warrior Hawk; Scott Norton; Too Cold Scorpio; Sonny Onoo; Eric Bischoff, president of Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling; Chris Benoit,

The thought of a modern day Big Poppa Pump in NK :lolbron:

or Ric yelling he's the president of the United States at the top of his lungs :russ:

They wouldn't have made it back brehs.

nomoreneveragain

Superstar
Daps
Scorpio: We see Ric Flair outside standing by the door doing the Ric Flair thing—brushing the hair, checking the Rolex, trying to make sure that everything was right. Hawk had been riding with him for one or two days and then he felt like he wanted to be one of the boys again on the bus. So when he had seen Ric Flair, he was like, ‘Oh, Ric looks like he’s waiting for somebody, maybe he’s looking for me and wants me to ride with him.’ Me being the smartass I be, I said, ‘F--- that p----, let him ride by himself.’ And he said, ‘What’d you say?’ I said, ‘You heard me. I guess [Hawk] didn’t like that and got offended and called me an [expletive] and next thing you know I was whooping his a-- on the bus.

Scott Steiner: Scorpio did a number, man. I don’t know what Hawk was thinking. He grabbed Scorpio, both hands on his chest, and Scorpio started punching. Hawk kept his hands on his chest. S---, he punched him like 10 times. The bus stopped. You could tell the Japanese representative was kind of freaked out, because the North Korean guy was in there too and they’re wondering what the hell was going on.

Psychosis

NYC
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good post. Interesting that Vince has this rare ppv in his vault..

The only vid i could find:

I remember reading somewhere, one of the high flyers got injured on a dive,and the N Koreans wouldn't take him to a hospital, instead they gave him an asprin.

jndSOYEBSQWtx.png
R1Mn2YH.png
hjF7gZK.png

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I remember Flair saying in his book Ali was dissing the North Koreans and he was like :whoa: why did he have to start talking now :mjlol:

Flair: Ali and I went to the equivalent of their White House for dinner. Just us two. It was beautiful. There was a very high-ranking official saying the basic thing that they want to tell us, which is that at any point in time if they wanted to destroy us, they could. Suddenly Ali said, ‘No wonder we hate these sons of bytches.’ Just clear as a bell. I said to him, ‘Don’t start talking now, buddy.

Ali giving no fukks about them Koreans :salute: and :whew:

Last edited:

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
Good thing they all went when they were young and sane.

The thought of a modern day Big Poppa Pump in NK :lolbron:

or Ric yelling he's the president of the United States at the top of his lungs :russ:

They wouldn't have made it back brehs.

steiner and rodman should be the new ambassadors to NK

poppa pump and the worm in NK would just be epic levels of :dead:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Norton: Me and Flair were taking the little crappy limo to the event the first day. I said, ‘Ric, man, we’re really drawing. Look at this.’ The driver looks back and says, ‘Excuse me, what do you mean by draw?’ I says, ‘That’s a term we use for when a lot of people are coming to see us.’ He says, ‘No, nobody really wants to come. It’s forced attendance. If they don’t show up they get a bullet in the head.’ And I went, ‘...all right then.’

Scott norton..between this quote and the shyt he pulled with the phone call to his wife..hilarious