Ways to burn belly fat/back fat?

Ooh Marty

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere plottin

DISCLAIMER: I AM POSTING THIS THREAD HERE AS WELL SO I CAN GET AN EVEN AMOUNT OF FEMALE RESPONSES AS WELL.

As some may know, this is my 4th attempt at losing some weight.

One of the main issues I deal with when it comes to weight gain is the fat that I gain goes straight to my stomach, butt, legs and back.

I don't mind the fat in my butt and legs (the good fat, plus I have minimum celly jelly for my size)

but the stomach area tho! :to:

Help :mjcry:

Any specific exercises? Should I invest in a workout stomach cincher or something?

As far as my current work out regimen, I own a full body elliptical machine which works my entire body, I also walk about 1 mile a day.

I dont particularly have knowledge on the types of great exercises to minimize the stomach area. Also with these exercises, is it a good thing to wear a waist trainer while working out?

Also are there any foods that aid in making the stomach smaller and fat burners?

Should I go back to using the ec stack?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As far as I know, there's no such thing as targeting fat loss areas.

You just have to exercise and eat better. Your body decides where the fat comes off from.

Lifting weights helps to burn fat and grow muscle.

But doing all the sit ups in the world won't really give you a flat stomach.

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
Diet, exercise, and patience. you have to make a lifestyle change and make it a part of your daily life. Right now I'm as lean as I've ever been but it didn't happen over night. I've been working my ass off for the last three years to make the gains I've made. There is no easy way other then working at it.

Last edited:

Token

Concerned Aunt
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Front Porch
:dead: this is like my 100th attempt at losing weight and I'm 7 months into it (longest I've ever gone) so this time it's pretty serious.

A clean(ish) diet + weight training has helped me lose fat all over. I don't think you'll be able to specifically target your belly/back areas without plastic surgery (:whoa: don't do that).

Get your diet in order, find a routine and stick with it. It's a slow process but :manny:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Pretty much what @Raul said, everyone is different but you can not target weight loss, its a common misconception and lie told to the masses. You can grow muscle in certain area's that will help you burn more fat over all.

For me belly fat is absolutely the last thing to go on me, it sucks but it could be worst as I have a pretty amazing metabolism. If your anything like me and really want to peel off the fat your probably going to have to change up your diet in a bigger way. But before you do any of that, cardio cardio cardio, with some weight training thrown in until you slim down more.

If you can run/walk just a mile every other day and keep your caloric intake under 1900 your gonna see massive weight loss. It takes awhile, like I didn't really feel like I was making much progress but other people started asking me "do you work out" and after about 6 months it start to show.. this is with me eating fast food and junk but keeping it under 2300 calories a day. I would have had to clean up my diet to get rid of the lil pot bell I had if I really want to shape up.

Last edited:

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Diet. Get the my fitness pal app and stay on top of your nutrition. See a nutrionist if you have to and make your own meals.

Be active and challenge your body. Your body is easily adaptable and you need to challenge it in order for you to keep seeing results.

You can't out train a bad diet like my mom always told me. And you can't spot reduce. You just have to have a balanced diet and be active.

I don't even work out. My husband is a gym rat but I refuse to work out with him. I ride my bike everywhere. I also run up and down the stairs and do burpees because my goal is to have strength. I really don't want to lose weight but I have a auto immune disease so keeping weight on is difficult for me. I also love a challenge and the satisfaction of conquering a goal and my fears. My husband bet me that he could out run me for two miles. Now he musta bumped his head cause he forgot I'm Ethiopian. :win:

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
Diet. Get the my fitness pal app and stay on top of your nutrition. See a nutrionist if you have to and make your own meals.

Be active and challenge your body. Your body is easily adaptable and you need to challenge it in order for you to keep seeing results.

You can't out train a bad diet like my mom always told me. And you can't spot reduce. You just have to have a balanced diet and be active.

I don't even work out. My husband is a gym rat but I refuse to work out with him. I ride my bike everywhere. I also run up and down the stairs and do burpees because my goal is to have strength. I really don't want to lose weight but I have a auto immune disease so keeping weight on is difficult for me. I also love a challenge and the satisfaction of conquering a goal and my fears. My husband bet me that he could out run me for two miles. Now he musta bumped his head cause he forgot I'm Ethiopian. :win:
wait, you're married?:dwillhuh:

Mr Coli

Pro
Daps
You need to weight lift, for some reason yall females skip that shyt, thinking only cardio is enough (tho most females can barely do that correctly). Go to the gym section on here, YouTube is your friend. Maybe invest in some fat burning pills/tea, ab belt device,eat healthier etc.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can't spot reduce fat

and there's nothing more effective than running (actual running around a circuit - not a treadmill) and a proper diet