Watching the Star Wars Saga in the Machete Order

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
If you don't know what that means. It's a order a blogger came up with to really make the movies more enjoyable for somebody who has never seen any of the movies.

The Machete Order is like this: watch A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, Attack Of The Clones, Revenge Of The Sith, & THEN Return Of The Jedi. Episode I doesn't exist :birdman:

I'm doing this right now and it's leaving me like :ohhh:...if I have kids this how they are going to watch the movies....for more on it read this shyt here

Absolutely No Machete Juggling » The Star Wars Saga: Introducing Machete Order

Thoughts?..

b_low_brown

Daddyface
Daps
Only part you need to read

How can you ensure that a viewing keeps the Vader reveal a surprise, while introducing young Anakin before the end of Return of the Jedi?

Simple, watch them in this order: IV, V, I, II, III, VI.

George Lucas believes that Star Wars is the story of Anakin Skywalker, but it is not. The prequels, which establish his character, are so poor at being character-driven that, if the series is about Anakin, the entire series is a failure. Anakin is not a relatable character, Luke is.

This alternative order (which a commenter has pointed out is called Ernst Rister order) inserts the prequel trilogy into the middle, allowing the series to end on the sensible ending point (the destruction of the Empire) while still beginning with Luke’s journey.

Effectively, this order keeps the story Luke’s tale. Just when Luke is left with the burning question “how did my father become Darth Vader?” we take an extended flashback to explain exactly how. Once we understand how his father turned to the dark side, we go back to the main storyline and see how Luke is able to rescue him from it and salvage the good in him.

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
Ive always liked this order. I'd keep Episode 1 in there though, there are important parts of the story in there and the pod race and lightsaber fights are :ohlawd:

b_low_brown

Daddyface
Daps
Why y'all hatin on the newer movies? They're cool as far as specific scenes go IMO. The part where the chancellor fought mace Windu and all those other cats :lawd:

Stepdaddy

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I prefer the 2006 dvd releases in order of episode 3 then star wars 4,5,6 theatrical versions, just me. :ehh:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
i always thought they should remake the original trilogy, same script, just different actors and updated special effects. But Empire Strikes Back is great looking film, it looks so much better than the others, it almost looks like a live action graphic novel, I wish they could go back to that type of set design, because imagine how good they can have it look using real sets and props.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
I've never watched them in that order, I might give it a shot. Sounds too elitist to me

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
And after all that work

Palpatine still pulled strings behind the scenes to pull back up and blow all them nikkas to smitherines.

giphy.gif

Last edited: