Watching Gravity for a second time....

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
The shyt is a monumental technical achievement and watching it in the cinema for the first time in 3-D was a spectacular experience.

But I don't think it really stands as a great film when removed from that experience.

The dialogue is even worse watching it again. So many corny moments, especially in the second half.

Clunky heavy handed themes and overwrought music that overwhelms the whole film.

It's still good don't get me wrong. Even watching some of these sequences in 2-D is pretty spectacular but it doesn't belong in the same conversation as truly great sci-fi like 2001. Far too limited from a storyline perspective.

It's a fairground ride. Exciting in the initial experience but not much depth and overall a bit pointless.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
The shyt is a monumental technical achievement and watching it in the cinema for the first time in 3-D was a spectacular experience.

But I don't think it really stands as a great film when removed from that experience.

The dialogue is even worse watching it again. So many corny moments, especially in the second half.

Clunky heavy handed themes and overwrought music that overwhelms the whole film.

It's still good don't get me wrong. Even watching some of these sequences in 2-D is pretty spectacular but it doesn't belong in the same conversation as truly great sci-fi like 2001. Far too limited from a storyline perspective.

It's a fairground ride. Exciting in the initial experience but not much depth and overall a bit pointless.
first movie i watched on my 3d tv... something just told me it was all about the scenery and 3d and not so much the plot

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
it was pretty much the equivalent of avatar...in the theater its like :krs: and then u get home and watch it and you're like :dwillhuh: why the fuk did i think this was so good :mindblown: then u proceed to throw it in the bushes :camby:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I don't think the dialogue or the story is terrible so much as it's just bland.

I saw it twice in the theater, in 3D, and I'll probably never see it again. And it was in my Top 5 last year. :yeshrug:

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
I saw it in theatre but not in 3d.... I saw a couple of movies in 3d but didn't really care for it, but according to everyone this was the movie to watch in 3d :beli:

I still enjoyed it

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I saw it in theatre but not in 3d.... I saw a couple of movies in 3d but didn't really care for it, but according to everyone this was the movie to watch in 3d :beli:

I still enjoyed it

I despise 3D. I consider it a waste of money and a borderline scam......but Gravity, Avatar and Life Of Pi were all MUST-SEE 3D films.

Life Of Pi is the only one of those I'll ever own, but all were fukking incredible in 3D.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
I despise 3D. I consider it a waste of money and a borderline scam......but Gravity, Avatar and Life Of Pi were all MUST-SEE 3D films.

Life Of Pi is the only one of those I'll ever own, but all were fukking incredible in 3D.
I agree... I did see life of pie in 3d:ahh: Stoned out of my mind too... Avatar was the first 3d I ever seen and was cool... I forget what other movies I saw in 3d, but it made me throw 3d to the bushes.

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
This was the first movie I ever seen in imax and we was late so I was stuck in the front row and that shyt was epic as hell, I felt like I was in outer space and had to turn my head left and right to see everything...

Other than that, it's a trash ass movie and I knew I would never watch it again

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
Ya know what? Good afternoon flick. Clearly would’ve been much better in the theater, but I appreciate films that highlight the fight, the will to live.