Watch out: Your old android phones may explode

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune

Tl;dw

Tech YouTuber noticed that a great portion of his old Samsung phones (s10, note 8, galaxy fold, s6, amongst others) have gotten swollen batteries. Samsung has been doing internal investigations since this summer.

Other users disclose that their old android phones have gotten swollen batteries now too, with Samsung phones being the most susceptible

Guess it's time to go #AppleGang

bnew

Veteran
Daps
i just threw out a swollen battery last week from a alcatel phone that hasn't been turned on in 2 months. good thing it was removable.:whew:

edit: I also have a old samsung emerge from 2016 that had a swollen battery I had to replace possibly twice.
just remembered i have a ipad air with a swollen battery i've been too lazy to replace for over a year now.

they need to bring back removable batteries.

Last edited:

Unfiltered

The Dan Bongino Show (Mon. – Fri. 12p-3p ET)
Daps
Not a good look:ohhh:

Gonna be expensive to go back to IOS but honestly I think Samsung will just say recycle your old phones instead of keeping them, since you can't change battery dimensions at this point.

These are all older phones so Sammy has a point, recycle and Samsung can save alot of money and lawsuits, who knows.

I think if this goes bad for Samsung they'll probably just give up the lawsuit will be drastic and without competition Apple gonna up the prices.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Not a good look:ohhh:

Gonna be expensive to go back to IOS but honestly I think Samsung will just say recycle your old phones instead of keeping them, since you can't change battery dimensions at this point.

These are all older phones so Sammy has a point, recycle and Samsung can save alot of money and lawsuits, who knows.

I think if this goes bad for Samsung they'll probably just give up the lawsuit will be drastic and without competition Apple gonna up the prices.
it'd be cheaper if you just learned how to dissemble your phone and replace the battery yourself because it's a useful skill.

practice with old phones you are no longer using. you can get a heatgun for like $20.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Tl;dw

Tech YouTuber noticed that a great portion of his old Samsung phones (s10, note 8, galaxy fold, s6, amongst others) have gotten swollen batteries. Samsung has been doing internal investigations since this summer.

Other users disclose that their old android phones have gotten swollen batteries now too, with Samsung phones being the most susceptible

Guess it's time to go #AppleGang

I mean I use my phones so it's not a concern to me. If I had a bunch of Samsung phones sitting in a room never being used maybe it would be.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
This is a Samsung problem. Also I guess it’s if u don’t use them. I personally repair phones everyday and don’t really come across this issue much at all tho.