Was megatron from the 80s transformers series a memorable villain?

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Everything from Megatron's voice to his personality makes him a memorable villain from the 80's. His layered plots against the Autobots always had me going ":ohhh: How the hell are the Autobots going to be able to defeat The Decepticons today?!?!?" It always seemed like insurmountable odds. Looking back, Megatron's army was pretty much on point as he had Starscream (most of the time), Soundwave, Shockwave, Devestator, etc. They really were the better army. I thought Galvatron's first appearance was great, but after that he became a rather comical character. On another note: Megatron was voiced by Frank Welker, who is like the second GOAT voice actor next to Mel Blanc.

I would also say that Starscream was pretty memorable villain also. When Wizard Magazine poster their list of the Greatest Villains of All Time, Starscream was actually ranked ahead of Megatron due to his treacherous nature. :russ:

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
out of the 80s cartoons megatron and mumra (from thundercats) were prob the best villains.
one thing about megatron though, is i never understood why he was the leader. All he could do was transform into a gun, and it had to be shot by
another decepticon :childplease:
at least star scream could change into an ill jet :smugdraper:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I remember hearing that there was a lot of fuss over the Megatron toy because there wasn't a safety orange tip at the end of the gun so it somewhat looked like a real gun.

Ice Water

Nothing
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Megatron was a great villain. He ruled with an Iron Fist, and stayed punkin the Decepticons. Dude wouldn't hesitate to put that big ass cannon in ya face. They knew not to get out of line. Great Voice too. That's why I don't understand with these corny ass Transformers movies, why Megatron is so lame. How do you fukk up Megatron? :why:

G1-megatron-stand-up.jpg