Was J-Lo ever well-regarded?

Sensitive Christian Grey

The Fisher King
Daps
Reppin
Welsh Hills
Like what was the opinion on her when she was in her prime? Just a pop star or someone who was a competent R'n'B artist? I know she made some songs with LL Cool J but I don't know if she was always viewed as a vulture with nothing valuable in her discography.

Also was there NY bias?

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
J LO was hyped up by the white media and she made big asses mainstream (Setting the scene for the Kardashians) she had respect at first from being a Fly girl but once her star power rose we stopped caring and she became a white girl to us but I'm sure she inspired other white passing latinos from the Bronx.

Daps
She blew up when she started dating Diddy, and wore the green dress.
:yeshrug:

Her singing is mediocre, and her acting is as well. She's nice to look at, but the combo of Diddy, and the "latin explosion" era of her, Ricky Martin, Shakira, etc made her the token latina. Now, she plays mostly white women in films. You can see better looking Puerto Ricans in the hood in NY.

Just to clarify...she's nice to look at, and looks great for her age, and the booty is nice, but she is the white people's spicy latina.
:hubie:

Brolic Scholar

Licensed Text Technician
Daps
Reppin
Unknown Side Effects
J LO was hyped up by the white media and she made big asses mainstream (Setting the scene for the Kardashians) she had respect at first from being a Fly girl but once her star power rose we stopped caring and she became a white girl to us but I'm sure she inspired other white passing latinos from the Bronx.

She blew up when she started dating Diddy, and wore the green dress.
:yeshrug:

Her singing is mediocre, and her acting is as well. She's nice to look at, but the combo of Diddy, and the "latin explosion" era of her, Ricky Martin, Shakira, etc made her the token latina. Now, she plays mostly white women in films. You can see better looking Puerto Ricans in the hood in NY.

Just to clarify...she's nice to look at, and looks great for her age, and the booty is nice, but she is the white people's spicy latina.
:hubie:

Accurate.

No one knew her name when she was a Fly Girl on In Living Color with an Afro and a mustache.

489B57DF00000578-0-image-a-29_1516984611317.jpg

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
She had a lil respectable run music wise, but her acting career which she ditched the music for is trash. She has like 3 good movies not including Selena. Im from right over the river from the Bronx. Yeah people was buying her shyt during her peak, but looks wise, speaking from the black perspective we wasn't gassed by her. There's better looking Ricans out here. You not going to the hood and finding a better looking girl than Aaliyah (rip) 9 times out of 10 like you can with JLo. I understood this as a 6,7,8 year old real shyt. You can't say she's not talented though. She dance, sing, act, and etc.

Edit: One thing I couldn't comprehend the time as a little boy was why everybody (cacs) was gassing her ass like it was the most beautiful ass in the world.:mindblown: I knew good and well I've seen some better phat asses in my young life, so i'm wondering what are they seeing that i'm NOT seeing. They did they same thing when Kim Kardashian came out and by then I was like "Ok" :aicmon:

Last edited:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Good looking woman that could dance a bit, her singing and acting skills were average at best. She was never over nor underated but kept in the right perspective.