Was Al Pacino Coked Out Making Heat?

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
A few scenes in that movie make me think he was high as a kite, or is it just Pacino being Pacino

tirademode

Duncan Hines monument cakes
Daps
I was reading that Hank Azaria said in that scene he was legit surprised by the "GREAT ASS" delivery from Pacino..

Apparently Michael Mann does take after take after take... So that was just ONE way Pacino played it .

Maybe Mann purposefully left in some of the more animated and out there takes to make it more memorable.

When you're asked to do the same thing upward of 20 times , anything can happen.:russ:

As for him being mediocre : :camby:

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A few scenes in that movie make me think he was high as a kite, or is it just Pacino being Pacino

it's only insinuated in the movie, but the character was supposed to be a coke addict, and pacino portrays him as such.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
it's only insinuated in the movie, but the character was supposed to be a coke addict, and pacino portrays him as such.
Really? How was it insinuated? That shyt makes his character a little more interesting...

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Al-Pacino.jpg

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Really? How was it insinuated? That shyt makes his character a little more interesting...
i guess by pacino portraying him the way he did. there was a scene where he used coke that was cut:

One of the more intriguing parts of the evening came when Pacino dared the crowd to guess the movie whose deleted scene caused critics to accuse him of overacting.

"Movies are great, and I love them, and sometimes I even like working on them," he joked. "But your performance really isn't yours.

"I was in a movie once, which will go nameless, and I did a certain thing in this movie: I based my entire character on a scene of me snorting cocaine," he continued. "And no, this isn't 'Scarface.' There was just one little scene of me chipping cocaine, so that's what I did. Well, they cut that scene out of the picture. They had their reasons for it, legitimate reasons I'm sure. But what happened is I based my character on the fact that he chipped cocaine, so my interpretation — my reactions to things — were colored by that. It's like, 'What's that guy so nervous about?' It would be the same as watching 'The Godfather' and never knowing about the gun in the toilet. I assume everybody knows that scene."
In the original draft, Hanna was explained to have been a habitual cocaine user, thus enabling him to keep his "edge" at all times. This is never mentioned in the film, but Pacino used it in his performance anyway, thus offering some justification for his at times rather hammy performance.
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Film/Heat?from=Main.Heat