want a 60' TV ... advice ?

KiD WavE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Southeast Ohio
My main concern is reliability and picture quality ... there is an HHgreg Sears walmart etc. near me but I wouldnt mind ordering online.

Id love smart functions if it included a media player that I could hook up my external hard drive to but if it wasnt included Id be ok with that too.

this is the first one that caught my eye

Samsung PN60F5500 60-Inch 1080p 600Hz 3D Smart Plasma HDTV

its around 1200 on amazon including a scheduled delivery which would be ideal for me good or bad TV ?

I wouldnt want to go much higher than 1300 and I want to get the best bang for my buck but also a TV that will last me 6 years or so

any advice appreciated

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I would never again buy a TV from Walmart. They sell nothing but low tier and entry level models. My 42 inch Vizio backup TV came from there. I don't think Sears sells higher model TVs either.

When it comes to TVs if you aren't a model or two within the flagship model for the year it's probably a lower end set. Like with LCD sets if its not 240 Hz or better its too far away from the flagship model to be a great tv.

I'd buy no less than a Panasonic ST60 if it was me buying a plasma this year which is the model below the flagship VT60 but at what you're willing to spend the only way you could do that is to go down to 55 inches and you'd still be looking at closer to $1400.