Wall Street official enters a Bear Market as the S&P 500 dives nearly 3.9%.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Wall Street entered a bear market Monday as the S&P 500 sank 3.9%, bringing it more than 20% below the record high it set in January. Fears about a fragile economy and stubbornly high inflation have slammed the stock market in recent days and sent Treasury yields surging to their highest levels in years.

A report last week that inflation was getting worse, not better as many had hoped, sent a chill through markets that carried over into this week. Investors expect the Federal Reserve will get more aggressive to get inflation under control, even if it risks a recession.

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
hopefully housing goes with it
I'm still skeptical on it. Unlike 2008 people can afford the houses they are moving into. I think inventory will be created because new home buyers simply can't afford it.....or large companies have massive layoffs. Still not sure how it'll impact prices though.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Gas all time high, rents all time high, wages largely stagnant despite what they report on tv, automobiles overpriced and price gouged, homes overpriced and artificially propped up = all good

Market dips to levels that are still high due to stupid and unrealistic valuations but people realizing that stonks don't only go to the moon = crisis

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
That isn’t gonna happen. This ain’t 2008.

People can afford their homes now. shyt….people were paying straight cash 😳

People cannot afford their homes now. This is the same housing bubble maybe worse, with subprime auto loans that never experienced correction. And dot com bubble 2.0

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
joker-everything-burns.gif

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
People cannot afford their homes now. This is the same housing bubble maybe worse, with subprime auto loans that never experienced correction. And dot com bubble 2.0
Please provide data that says people cannot afford their homes.

I guess my area is different. It’s been coming before the pandemic. I don’t think my area will be impacted.

I got a record low rate :pachaha: