Wale or J Cole?

Finesse

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Gotham
Wale is the better rapper between the two and has the better discography

Its marketing and other intangibles that got Cole bigger.

If Cole and Wale swapped discographies Cole would be bigger and WALE would be lower on the totem pole.

If Cole had all of Wale's hits it would be

DRAKE
COLE
KENDRICK

Last edited:

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What’s the background music so loud loool

And Rory has a point wake had more range.

Cole not making songs like Max Julien, On Chill, Sue Me

Daps
Cole is the better rapper at this point. However, if both ended up making a joint album, I think it would be epic.

Wale's interesting because he does have an expanded range. You can also feel the emotions in his verses. I think it took him a minute though to get there....was definitely too commercialized when with Mark Ronson and initially did a bit too much with MMG, until they (Wale/Ross/etc.) finally let him be who he is.

I think once Wale stayed true to where he is, you saw the ceiling was through the roof.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
They both annoy me, but Wale is the better artist. Cole is the better technical rapper though

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
His beat riding ability is overlooked because that’s irrelevant now.

Having skill as an MC is never irrelevant.

Just because the idiots overlook certain talents, doesn't mean those same talents don’t matter. More people should be working on their flows, and getting their lyrics doper. Regardless of whatever other rappers are doing, you always hone your craft and keep stepping your sh*t up.

Sir Richard Spirit

Superstar
Daps
Having skill as an MC is never irrelevant.

Just because the idiots overlook certain talents, doesn't mean those same talents don’t matter. More people should be working on their flows, and getting their lyrics doper. Regardless of whatever other rappers are doing, you always hone your craft and keep stepping your sh*t up.

I agree.