Wakanda Forever might not get released in France.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
France has a law that requires movies to be streamed 17 months after its theatrical release.

So either they pull it from being shown in France, and just stream it on Disney + like normal, or release it, but block it on D + in France.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Considering all the other Phase 4 movies in France are not releasing until that 17 month span, this doesn't seem like they would actually choose to do differently with BP2

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
they mush have been drunk when they came up with that number

I think it’s based on old business models.

Theatrical run, DVD, streaming. Disney + actually moved up their streaming releases, but I think they might making longer eventually.

It’s also about money. The longer a movie is in theaters, the more money the studios make before it goes to streaming because they don’t really make anything. Disney is different because they own their streaming platform.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
France, population 67M. fukk ‘em, next :camby:
The first BP made over $30 million in France.

BP was also a rare blockbuster where it’s domestic gross was higher than its international. I don’t think Disney wants to lose that revenue. I’m sure they want to clear more than the 1.3 billion they made last time.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The first BP made over $30 million in France.

BP was also a rare blockbuster where it’s domestic gross was higher than its international. I don’t think Disney wants to lose that revenue. I’m sure they want to clear more than the 1.3 billion they made last time.
$30M on a $1B+ box office is nothing. France ain’t a country you stop the presses for. They either get with the times or get left behind. China is the only country Hollywood would fully accommodate