Waka Flocka Flame Responds To Criticism Over Lyrics

lil dice

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Waka Flocka Flame takes his critics head-on over their complaints that he can't rap.

Earlier this week, Waka Flocka Flame released his highly anticipated Triple F Life: Friends, Fans and Family, and while some critics applaud his energy, others continue critique his lack of lyrical creativity. Now, in a recent interview with Fader, the Brick Squad Monopoly rapper responds to critics' complaints about his raps.

Flocka explained that he fully well realizes that many listeners find fault in his simplistic wordplay, so much so that he even joked that "Lord knows Waka can’t rap," but he maintains he doesn't care. He said that his music is more about energy and emotion rather than traditional rhymes and lyrics. He added that he's always had difficulty expressing himself even in his youth, but that his music has been a means to channel his feelings without having to verbalize them.

"People say, 'You don’t have lyrics,' so I’m just like, 'Lord knows Waka can’t rap'...I'm being sarcastic...throw it in their faces. I really don’t have an answer for them. I’m doing Waka’s music. My music is different. It don’t sound like a typical rapper’s music...sometimes I’ll go two weeks and won’t record shyt, cause I don’t feel it. But another week I might go do 10-12 songs."

He continued, "It’s a mood. If you’re happy as shyt you can just rap about whatever cause you’re happy as shyt. The best times for me to rap are when I’m happy and mad. When I’m depressed and shyt, I don’t too much like rapping. When I’m happy and mad, I love it. Sometimes I verbally release my stress and it backfires on me, because sometimes I don’t express how I really feel. Since I was young it’s been hard to express how I feel, I really don’t like talking about problems. But now, I don’t have to deal with ultimate lame shyt. I made my mark, so I can be around what I want to be around."

Emperor Sol

Knowledge and Wisdom
Daps
Reppin
CAN
"People say, 'You don’t have lyrics,' so I’m just like, 'Lord knows Waka can’t rap'...I'm being sarcastic...throw it in their faces. I really don’t have an answer for them. I’m doing Waka’s music. My music is different. It don’t sound like a typical rapper’s music

Umm... Yes it does. :beli:

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
I fukk with Flocka. Im a hip hop head but every once in a while i get retarded listening to Flocka record. The beats and ad libs is crazy, plus the energy just make you want to fukk something up. He a cool ass dude too if you ever meet him. I can respect it.