Voice Actors are in trouble

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
They out here using AI and old footage to create new voice work
Though the 91-year-old actor was credited with voicing the iconic villain in the Disney+ limited series “Obi-Wan Kenobi,” the show’s release was accompanied by speculation about whether he actually recorded any new dialogue for the show. As it turns out, he didn’t, though he still participated in the project. A new story in Vanity Fair reveals that Jones allowed the show’s producers to recreate his voice using a combination of archival footage and AI technology. The work was done by Ukrainian startup Respeecher, which specializes in recreating the voices of past performers.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If I learned one thing studying business and economics it is that if these people want to cut corners to cut costs to maximize profits, they will go through any lengths to do that. This is why ownership is important.
I can see a future where it's harder for up and comers to get work. They Were already using big named celebrities in some movies and now they're going to be generating voice work with AI and clips.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
I can see a future where it's harder for up and comers to get work. They Were already using big named celebrities in some movies and now they're going to be generating voice work with AI and clips.
The barrier to entry for entry-level office jobs is already too high.
Not to mention the lower wages attached.
It will only be a matter of time before AI renders artistry irrelevant because corporations see it as a way to cut costs.
Additionally, raising wages won't achieve much if your job can be gone with the press of a button.
When the general public accept AI's progressive role in shaping culture, that is when a society forfeits their humanity.
When CGI started taking over, I knew it was going to be a matter of time before everything else was going to get hit.
As a society, we're no longer valuing human skill, inspiration and potential. We're delegating that to robots.
What suffers is the discipline to concentrate on and develop intellect, imagination and creativity.

:francis:
I can correlate this to higher rates of crime and antisocial behavior, but I would be reaching because the association isn't obvious and that's the reason for all of this: it isn't supposed to be.