Visit by Ric Flair gives LeBron James a 'Wooo!" moment

Hoss

Legalize us.
Daps
Reppin
The North
Miami Heat forward LeBron James meets wrestling legend Ric Flair. - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

AUBURN HILLS, Mich.—
"Wooo!"

It was the sound that resonated from the Miami Heat locker room after Wednesday's victory over the Charlotte Bobcats at Time Warner Cable Arena.

All that for the Bobcats?

Sure, when Ric Flair is leading the chorus.

Whether it was the Hornets during their days in Charlotte or now Michael Jordan's lowly Bobcats, one of the constants of NBA visits to North Carolina has been the presence of the local pro wrestling hero.

While the Hornets tried to adopt Flair's trademark "Wooo!" scream with their move to New Orleans, it is in Charlotte where the chant resonates, dating to Flair's WCW days in the region.

It did during Wednesday's game. And it did after the game in the Heat locker room, when Flair paid a visit.

Heat forward LeBron James was still grinning after Flair gave a thumbs up and departed.

"I mean, when I was a kid, I loved wrestling," James said. "He was one of the guys I loved, too."

James said Flair's extravagant wrestling personality was a game-changer.

"I think he's probably one of the creators of what we call swag these days, with the Rolexes and the stretch limos, and all the girls and all that stuff," he said. "He's like the creator of swag, Ric Flair definitely kept me watching TV."

DirtyD

Last Time That I Checc'd......
Daps
Reppin
Queens
@Nature Boy Ric Flair

What did you say to Bron?

:yeshrug:Probably complimented him on his ability to over sell moves.

lebronflop2.gif

flop.gif

BronFlop.gif

tumblr_lqx8d7QYFE1r0ka2do1_250.gif

Last edited by a moderator: