Virginia teacher fired for refusing to call transgender student their preferred gender

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
Virginia Teacher Fired After Refusing to Call a Trans Student 'Him'

Emily Alford

Today 2:36pm
Filed to: Education
zcj2pnbgvw8qwuj8jxyf.png

Screenshot: Instagram/Forrestt_
Virginia’s West Point School Board has reached a unanimous decision to terminate a Virginia educator who refused to call a transgender student “he” or “him” for religious reasons.

West Point High School French teacher, Peter Vlaming, was fired for failure to comply with school board policies regarding transgender students. Vlaming used the student’s male name, but avoided pronouns altogether.

According to ABC News, an online petition dedicated to reinstating Vlaming quotes him as saying, ““I won’t use male pronouns with a female student that now identifies as a male though I did agree to use the new masculine name but avoid female pronouns.”

However, PBS reports at least one instance of misgendering the student:

Witnesses described a “slip-up” when the student was about to run into a wall and Vlaming told others to stop “her.” When discussing the incident with administrators, Vlaming made it clear he would not use male pronouns, a stance that led to his suspension referral for disciplinary action.

Furthermore, the school’s principal, Jonathan Hochman, testified at a public hearing that Vlaming once said that he missed “the female version of the student.”

The decision to terminate Vlaming came after a four-hour hearing drew a crowd that exceeded the room’s capacity.

Vlaming maintains his solution was one of “mutual tolerance,” and it’s the school board that’s guilty of intolerance:

Vlaming said he loves and respects all his students but when a solution he tried to reach based on “mutual tolerance” was rejected, he was at risk of losing his job for having views held by “most of the world for most of human history.”

“That is not tolerance,” Vlaming said. “That is coercion.”

On December 7, the day after the hearing, 100 West Point middle and high school students staged a walkout in support of Vlaming, according to the Virginia Gazette.

DrexlersFade

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why did I even read this:aicmon:

Vlaming said he loves and respects all his students but when a solution he tried to reach based on “mutual tolerance” was rejected, he was at risk of losing his job for having views held by “most of the world for most of human history.”

On December 7, the day after the hearing, 100 West Point middle and high school students staged a walkout in support of Vlaming.

This seems to be the consensus for most people why is there a certain few who is trying to change the trend and for what?

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
I can't go and put on a police officer, 'feel like I'm a police officer in my bones' and go around and arresting people. I'd go to jail for impersonating an officer, but this degenerate American society is trying to force us to believe that because someone 'feels' they are another gender or they get body parts chopped off or attached that they are actually that gender.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Do y’all know how comical it is that if you misgender someone at school it is taken care of right away

But iF a black child is given the hard ER it’s the child’s fault and it is pushed under the rug immediately, same with singing KKK songs, and taking pictures in nazi salute, and kids who come to school in nazi attire don’t get reprimanded

They really drawing the line against us.. after all our people did for everybody

paperbag

Death to the demoness Allegra Geller
Daps
I thought it was okay if you called them by their names? What about the ones that want to be called they/them, it's too confusing.

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
I really never thought it get to this scary to think where we are headed

Real N Quotes

East Is In The House OMG
Daps
Virginia Teacher Fired After Refusing to Call a Trans Student 'Him'

Emily Alford

Today 2:36pm
Filed to: Education
zcj2pnbgvw8qwuj8jxyf.png

Screenshot: Instagram/Forrestt_
Virginia’s West Point School Board has reached a unanimous decision to terminate a Virginia educator who refused to call a transgender student “he” or “him” for religious reasons.

West Point High School French teacher, Peter Vlaming, was fired for failure to comply with school board policies regarding transgender students. Vlaming used the student’s male name, but avoided pronouns altogether.

According to ABC News, an online petition dedicated to reinstating Vlaming quotes him as saying, ““I won’t use male pronouns with a female student that now identifies as a male though I did agree to use the new masculine name but avoid female pronouns.”

However, PBS reports at least one instance of misgendering the student:

Witnesses described a “slip-up” when the student was about to run into a wall and Vlaming told others to stop “her.” When discussing the incident with administrators, Vlaming made it clear he would not use male pronouns, a stance that led to his suspension referral for disciplinary action.

Furthermore, the school’s principal, Jonathan Hochman, testified at a public hearing that Vlaming once said that he missed “the female version of the student.”

The decision to terminate Vlaming came after a four-hour hearing drew a crowd that exceeded the room’s capacity.

Vlaming maintains his solution was one of “mutual tolerance,” and it’s the school board that’s guilty of intolerance:

On December 7, the day after the hearing, 100 West Point middle and high school students staged a walkout in support of Vlaming, according to the Virginia Gazette.

We need new gofunde me for this teacher:salute: