Vigil (New BBC Drama from makers of Line of Duty and Bodyguard)

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

BBC One has released a tense first trailer and six new images for Vigil, the forthcoming thriller series from World Productions, the makers of Line of Duty, Bodyguard and The Pembrokeshire Murders. The trailer will air on BBC One tonight (Sunday), following the credits of the Line of Duty series six finale.

Vigil stars Suranne Jones, Rose Leslie, Shaun Evans, Martin Compston and Paterson Joseph, and will air on BBC One and BBC iPlayer later this year.
p09gfv44.jpg

The mysterious disappearance of a Scottish fishing trawler and a death on-board the submarine HMS Vigil bring the police into conflict with the Navy and British security services. DCI Amy Silva (Suranne Jones) and DS Kirsten Longacre (Rose Leslie) lead an investigation on land and at sea into a conspiracy that goes to the very heart of Britain’s national security.

p09gfvcw.jpg

Vigil’s stellar ensemble cast also features Anjli Mohindra, Connor Swindells, Adam James, Gary Lewis, Stephen Dillane, Lolita Chakrabarti, Daniel Portman, Lorne MacFadyen and Lauren Lyle.
p09gfvg3.jpg

The fictional six-part series is written and created by Bafta-nominated writer Tom Edge, with episodes by Ed Macdonald and Chandni Lakhani. It is directed by Bafta-winner James Strong, and Isabelle Sieb. Vigil is produced by Angie Daniell, executive produced by Simon Heath and Jake Lushington for World Productions, Gaynor Holmes for the BBC, James Strong and Tom Edge.

p09gfvnk.jpg

https://www.bbc.com/mediacentre/2021/vigil-trailer/
Vigil release date: Latest news on BBC One thriller from makers of Line of Duty
Suranne Jones and Martin Compston in suspenseful Vigil trailer from makers of Line of Duty

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
So they've got Stannis and Ygritte in this show?
I'll give this a shot.

Creator of Bodyguard... Could be interesting.
The first three episodes of Bodyguard were some of the best television of that year but the later episodes fizzled out and completely relied on suspension of disbelief.

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So they've got Stannis and Ygritte in this show?
I'll give this a shot.

Creator of Bodyguard... Could be interesting.
The first three episodes of Bodyguard were some of the best television of that year but the later episodes fizzled out and completely relied on suspension of disbelief.

Line of Duty>>>Bodyguard...at least to me

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I watched the first episode tonight. I’m hooked :ehh:

@pickles this seems like a show you might like. I also finished The Tourist and it was good, like you said. Hopefully more US folks will watch it when it’s on here

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I watched the first episode tonight. I’m hooked :ehh:

@pickles this seems like a show you might like. I also finished The Tourist and it was good, like you said. Hopefully more US folks will watch it when it’s on here

I was watching this and then I stopped for some reason, I think I have two more episodes left.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i really enjoyed this show.:ehh:

honestly the setting a submarine played a huge part in it too. i wish there was more shows like that. i tried to google some and it seems like everything else set on a submarine is pretty :trash: