Video that illustrates the difference between 30fps and 60fps

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I can tell but it is best felt when you play. One of the reasons Call of Duty still ranks so high with people is because it is 60fps.

Battlefield vs. Modern Warfare: Does 60FPS Really Matter?

Certainly, the developers believe that 60FPS is a core element of what makes COD the most popular franchise of this generation, with Sledgehammer's Glen Schofield saying that it gives the game its competitive edge over the Frostbite 2.0-powered BF3.

"You can go out and name your engine and call it whatever you want, right. You know, I've done that before; I've seen that trick and the bottom line is, this game will run at 60 frames a second. Not sure any of our competitors will," Schofield told Ausgamers during E3.

"Not sure I've seen any of our competitors on the console especially running at 60 frames a second and I'd be a little scared at this point - in June - if I was looking forward to a particular game that wasn't on the console and running at 60. And I think 60 is our competitive edge and you just don't throw that away."

That's why I hope that what Microsoft has been saying about the games and how they feel will be true. Great art, solid engine with 60fps can be amazing.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
The easiest way is if you have a 3rd person game with a 30 and a 60 fps mode. Just rotate the camera on both modes and you will easily see the difference.

Just in general if I've been playing a game that runs at 60 for a long time and then start playing a game that runs at 30 I can definitely notice it not running as smooth. But I get used to it after a few hours.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I noticed it when i went from Halo 3 MCC(60 fps) to playing 360 Halo 3(30 fps) this week. Started playing the campaign on the 360 version and had to quit after the first mission cuz i got a headache.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
You can definitely feel the difference when playing, especially for shooters.

Aiming in feels more responsive and smooth in 60fps.