Video on Nigeria and specifically Lagos' transition into the future with infastructure development

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Good to see Lagos is developing, but Lagos-centric development will hobble Nigeria. If Lagos has 18-20 million people, that means over 170 or so million Nigerians are outside of it. Also, this piece lacks context. What about the poor of Lagos who have had their rights infringed due to illegal land seizures by the rich?

Nigeria has a long coastline. Warri, Calabar, Port Harcourt could be additional Lagos'. The Nigerian government has no interest (due to tribalism) in aiding the development of these ports and opening up the economies of various parts of Nigeria.

If you're an importer living in Onitsha, you have to import goods from Lagos instead of Warri or Port Harcourt. Sad.
nigeria-map.gif

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Good to see Lagos is developing, but Lagos-centric development will hobble Nigeria. If Lagos has 18-20 million people, that means over 170 or so million Nigerians are outside of it. Also, this piece lacks context. What about the poor of Lagos who have had their rights infringed due to illegal land seizures by the rich?

Nigeria has a long coastline. Warri, Calabar, Port Harcourt could be additional Lagos'. The Nigerian government has no interest (due to tribalism) in aiding the development of these ports and opening up the economies of various parts of Nigeria.

If you're an importer living in Onitsha, you have to import goods from Lagos instead of Warri or Port Harcourt. Sad.
nigeria-map.gif

They talk about Abuja's development a little bit in the video. Nigeria looks like it will be the financial center of Africa with the development that's going on also. I think they talk about Lagos in this video because it's one of the largest cities in the world.

They say Lagos' metro population is 21 million. I don't know how true that is, because we know how people more around. Also, I wouldn't expect a white person to know about the ins and outs of Nigerian society, because I don't even know. I haven't been to Nigeria, but it's interesting whenever I get to digest new information about African countries.

Last edited:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

I read about this a few months back. They are marketing this towards the elite of Nigeria and people who may want to move there from other countries.