Video games will make movies and TV extinct in a few decades

Do you believe movies and TV are done for?

• Yes....it will be all games all the time

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It came to me while reading the headlines about GTA 5 taking in over $1 billion in 3 days just how huge gaming already is. And how much bigger it will become. Imagine what gaming will be like when it looks as real as that tiger in Life of Pi.

Gaming, unlike movies or TV, is the only form of entertainment that allows for full character immersion and interaction on the part of the user. This is why gaming will continue to grow while other more forms of media, like movies and TV, will slowly phase themselves out.

Just imagine 15-20 years from now when video game graphics are as real as the best CGI in hollywood blockbusters. And imagine something like the Oculus Rift giving users full immersion to interact with this world like they would the real world. That sort of technology will render TV and movies extinct. Why watch Will Smith kill zombies in I Am Legend when you can be in his place and do it instead?

Don Dada F Poppa

Benchwarmer
Daps
Reppin
MD
There are some things in this world that'll never go away

Money
Clothes
Hoes

to name a few... Movies and TV is in that list as well.... Keep in mind, there are people in this world who don't play video games, all they do is read and watch TV (a few of my coworkers). There's a market for all 3, just because one grows doesn't mean the others will shrink.

Timmy

Rookie
Daps
Disagree, movies and TV will continue to exist for the same reason that books still exist as an entertainment medium.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Who knows breh.

And remember gta5 is 60 bucks a movie is like. Ten.

Look how many games are out there that suck. Hell I've bought like 3 videogames past 3 years but have seen hundred of movies in that time

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What you smoking on breh? Most games don't sell like gtav. And most people don't actually play video games. But everybody watches tv and movies