[VGC] Denuvo security is now on Switch, including new tech to block PC Switch emulation

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Also
According to Denuvo, the new tech can be applied to Switch games to block the ability to play them on PCemulators.

No mention of blocking to run on hacked switches :russ:
I don’t play switch games nowhere else but on my switch
This is a nothing burger
Probably just Nintendo salty seeing Pc’s run their games at 4k 60fps
Plus its the end of the gen anyways

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I remember half the ToTK thread was playing it two weeks early. This might be enough to prevent something like that happening with mario wonder this fall

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
I remember half the ToTK thread was playing it two weeks early. This might be enough to prevent something like that happening with mario wonder this fall
Wont do shyt
Especially for a game like Mario Wonder
People will play it on their switches

Anyhow
PC gang lost :lolbron:

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Also

No mention of blocking to run on hacked switches :russ:
I don’t play switch games nowhere else but on my switch
This is a nothing burger
Probably just Nintendo salty seeing Pc’s run their games at 4k 60fps
Plus its the end of the gen anyways
How do you hack switches?

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
All Denuvo does is makes games run slower. Most of their shyt ends up getting cracked eventually. They do delay a lot of those day one bootlegged games though.
Last sentence is fasho why they got it. Majority of game sales come in the release window so if they can do that then they are doing the job. No DRM is meant to be uncrackable its just meant to last long enough for the publisher to extract sales from the game.
As if Nintendo wasn't making enough money selling consumers old ass hardware that is cheap as fukk to make now and games with graphics to match that hardware

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
The system is at end of life anyway. The number of games that will use this will be pretty slim. And it still won't do anything to cfw switches. Just emulators (which will probably have ways around it as well)

All in all this probably a test run for Nintendo's next system where it will be worth it to them to have it out the gate. But yea like someone else said Denuvo isn't some uncrackable software. It's used to stall long enough to maximize launch window sales. Capcom infamously drops Denuvo 4-5 months after release on most of their games.