US judge changes baby's name from Messiah to Martin

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
_69237049_018935147-1.jpg

A judge in the US has ordered a baby's first name to be changed from Messiah to Martin, arguing that the only true messiah is Jesus Christ, reports say.

The parents of seven-month old Messiah DeShawn Martin had gone to court in Tennessee over his last name.But Child Support Magistrate Lu Ann Ballew ordered the first name changed too, local broadcaster WBIR-TV said.Last year more than 700 babies were named Messiah in the US, according to the*Social Security Administration.Christianity refers to Jesus as the Messiah, while Judaism uses the term to mean an anticipated saviour of the Jews.'No choice'Dictionary definitions say the word can mean someone who is seen as a saviour or a liberator.The judge in Cocke County said the name Messiah could cause the boy difficulties if he grew up in such a predominantly Christian area."It could put him at odds with a lot of people and at this point he has had no choice in what his name is,"*Judge Ballew said.

Instead she ordered that the baby was to be named Martin DeShawn McCullough, which includes both parents' last name."The word Messiah is a title and it's a title that has only been earned by one person and that one person is Jesus Christ," the judge added.The baby's mother Jaleesa Martin told WBIR she would appeal against the judge's order."I didn't think a judge could change my baby's name because of her religious beliefs," she said.She said she chose the name not because of its religious connotations, but because she liked how it sounded with her two other children's names, Micah and Mason.Messiah came in at number 387 in the list of the most popular of baby names in the US in 2012, up from 633 in 2011.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23665106

:ohhh:

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
Man what kind of Uncle Tom c00n bullshyt ass video is this nikka. fukk outta here with this shyt brah

Turned that bullshyt off 2 minutes in when he asked why the media never asked the bullshyt question he thought was relevant.

Anyway though, this is some stupid as shyt. You can't change the name of someone's child. This is goddamn America. I heard about this shyt in Australia though, where you have to get your baby's name approved. shyt is terrible, man.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Turned that bullshyt off 2 minutes in when he asked why the media never asked the bullshyt question he thought was relevant.

Anyway though, this is some stupid as shyt. You can't change the name of someone's child. This is goddamn America. I heard about this shyt in Australia though, where you have to get your baby's name approved. shyt is terrible, man.
Yeah me too, cut that shyt off with the quickness. bytch ass nikka sounds like one of the Tom nikkas who post on here.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining

:dahell: ?????

This court case is a trip, though... :wow:

All the Hispanic/Latinos named "Jesus" ........ is she going to change the names of the immigrants with that name moving into town ... why stop there..... might as well ban "Mary" too since the Messiah came out of her loins ....

Under what authority can they do that??

Last edited:

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How the fukk can a judge tell you what to name anyone is the judge going to raise em? fukk that judge this aint her lane.

msims

Bmore nicca
Daps
The word judge is a title and it's a title that's given to those who are qualified. fukk outta here letting personal religious beliefs affect decisions.
That's all Amerikkka is about these days.

God and Lady Liberty keep fukkin each other.

State and Religion keep mixing.

It's a sad thing, brehs.

:no: