upper back injury.

hypo666

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just would ask peoples opinions on this, been getting strains there for the last few weeks, it is on one side ,the right hand side which then went, I just carried on training, I just presumed it was because I was training hard and it happened while I was training upperback and I had done more than usual.It seemed to clear up.

So yesterday, It was a leg and lower back day, I warmed up and stretched as normal,,with no problem, I set up the rack for squats, and just cleared my throat slightly wasn't even a big rasping cough either ,not a real lung burster ,and bang it felt like somone had kicked me in my upperback, in fact It nearly made me fall over.

The pain was shocking,but I still did my workout including straight leg deadlifts and goodmornings for lower back the good mornings in particular the pain was exquisite. Why? because I have OCD

I got a taxi home, couldn't even drive my car home, as I wouldn't safe as I couldn't sit right in the car seat. It feels like I might have cracked a rib,but how,? I don't do contact sports and I haven't fallen over or anything.

My lowerback is fine. the pain is slightly better now,I haven't gone to the gym today and I am now trying to workout what has done this.so I don't have a repeat.

Two issues,

1, had a terrible virus a couple of months, back which gave me a horrendous cough, I strained my back actually several times just from the cough, the morning I did that injury before I got to the gym, I had a coughing fit,but the cough has almost completely gone ,that cough yesterday morning was random,I have been training for a few months since, like before the virus . But I wondered if that cough I had for months could have weakened something.

2I changed an ab exercise from leg raises to these reverse crunches. on bench

images

it is meant to be kinder to the back which might be ironic now if it is to blame , but this is when these episodes with my upper back started to happen. Maybe my form isn't quite right and I have irritated something.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
There is a slight possibility you broke a rib, literally. No lie.
Check it out with a doctor.

Daps
Just would ask peoples opinions on this, been getting strains there for the last few weeks, it is on one side ,the right hand side which then went, I just carried on training, I just presumed it was because I was training hard and it happened while I was training upperback and I had done more than usual.It seemed to clear up.

So yesterday, It was a leg and lower back day, I warmed up and stretched as normal,,with no problem, I set up the rack for squats, and just cleared my throat slightly wasn't even a big rasping cough either ,not a real lung burster ,and bang it felt like somone had kicked me in my upperback, in fact It nearly made me fall over.

The pain was shocking,but I still did my workout including straight leg deadlifts and goodmornings for lower back the good mornings in particular the pain was exquisite. Why? because I have OCD

I got a taxi home, couldn't even drive my car home, as I wouldn't safe as I couldn't sit right in the car seat. It feels like I might have cracked a rib,but how,? I don't do contact sports and I haven't fallen over or anything.

My lowerback is fine. the pain is slightly better now,I haven't gone to the gym today and I am now trying to workout what has done this.so I don't have a repeat.

Two issues,

1, had a terrible virus a couple of months, back which gave me a horrendous cough, I strained my back actually several times just from the cough, the morning I did that injury before I got to the gym, I had a coughing fit,but the cough has almost completely gone ,that cough yesterday morning was random,I have been training for a few months since, like before the virus . But I wondered if that cough I had for months could have weakened something.

2I changed an ab exercise from leg raises to these reverse crunches. on bench

images

it is meant to be kinder to the back which might be ironic now if it is to blame , but this is when these episodes with my upper back started to happen. Maybe my form isn't quite right and I have irritated something.
you should go see a doctor, you probably strained something