Ubisoft preparing for a sale off?!

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:lupe:

I actually think Ubisoft would be a good fit for Sony.

However if MS snatches, Blizzard/Activision and Ubisoft

:lupe::lupe:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
This was probably one of the worst kept secrets out there. It's clear Ubisoft management has been phoning it in and doesn't really care anymore.

I don't think they will be an asset to the big 2 (Sony/M$) because they'd have to go in and revamp all the struggling IPs from the ground up. They'd probably be a bigger asset to companies that are looking to get into the gaming business such as Netflix, Apple or Google.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This was probably one of the worst kept secrets out there. It's clear Ubisoft management has been phoning it in and doesn't really care anymore.

I don't think they will be an asset to the big 2 (Sony/M$) because they'd have to go in and revamp all the struggling IPs from the ground up. They'd probably be a bigger asset to companies that are looking to get into the gaming business such as Netflix, Apple or Google.

Pretty much. At the end of the day not a lot of companies that aren’t apple, google, or amazon, or PE are gonna want to acquire a company so riddled with problems with such a large number of employees. Ubisoft have almost 20k employees which is double the size of EA, Activision, and Take Two

Also they don’t make a lot of profit from all their games, they are incredibly bloated and mismanaged and anyone that buys them is gonna have to cut their workforce in half

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
ubisoft needs to just put out that "remaster" of watch dogs 2 with hdr and new game plus. after that they can fukk right off

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Rumors of Apple going to buy Sony
Microsoft acquiring Blizzard/Activision
Now this

Seems like that inevitable video game market crash is upon us. Why are the supposedly biggest, most profitable companies being sold off?

Its time:francis:. The chip shortage, bomb after bomb blockbusters, Xbox Game Pass eating the physical lunch, Gamestop becoming a meme, you have a better chance finding Jimmy Hoffa's remains than getting a PS5 in 2022 without some bundled up bullshyt, and folks slowly realizing the industry is greedy as fukk. It all points to the grim reality that gaming as a whole is on the verge of getting that 1983 remix. Hell, CP2077 is the ET of our generation:wow:

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
Its time:francis:. The chip shortage, bomb after bomb blockbusters, Xbox Game Pass eating the physical lunch, Gamestop becoming a meme, you have a better chance finding Jimmy Hoffa's remains than getting a PS5 in 2022 without some bundled up bullshyt, and folks slowly realizing the industry is greedy as fukk. It all points to the grim reality that gamin as a whole is on the verge of getting that 1983 remix. Hell, CP2077 is the ET of our generation:wow:

Another thing I've noticed in recent years is how big games come and go. Like I legit forgot that Kingdom Hearts 3 exists. Horizon Zero Dawn or whatever it's called came out February and yet no one is talking about it. fukking Gran Turismo 7 came out and no one is talking about it.

I don't know whether it's because these games are bad (I wouldn't know never played them) or maybe it's modern gamers having a really short attention span. The "tiktok" generation that can only pay attention to something for 5 minutes.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Another thing I've noticed in recent years is how big games come and go. Like I legit forgot that Kingdom Hearts 3 exists. Horizon Zero Dawn or whatever it's called came out February and yet no one is talking about it. fukking Gran Turismo 7 came out and no one is talking about it.

I don't know whether it's because these games are bad (I wouldn't know never played them) or maybe it's modern gamers having a really short attention span. The "tiktok" generation that can only pay attention to something for 5 minutes.

:dwillhuh:BREH I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ME!
I swear it's like night and day from the days of PS3/360 to now. The market is honestly overflooded to the point I tapped out on gaming unless its my backlog or some mobile/indie shyt. Its becoming expensive and nasty hobby. Also, you got to factor that companies are easily pulling the plug on these games as they are GAAS, thus allowing to dikk the customers more out of their funds and making folks have ADHD because of the fear of missing out.

Gran Turismo 7 is a prime example of how shytty the game industry is in these times. The nickel and diming was atrocious and its online only:gucci:.

Right now, a marsupial is living hotel to hotel due to the constant moving (which I hope in these next few weeks will finally end), but if I was on my gaming steez, that shyt would not fly because of how shytty the internet is in hotels (unless you are in a legit 4 star suite).

Its really the end of the beginning breh. This bubble needs to pop and companies need to feel the heat due to how gross the greed became and the selfishness of wanting more out of folks paying for a 70 dollar game:mjtf:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County

Yeah I think it's a byproduct of this generation of gamers growing up being influenced and raised by game streamers and randoms on the internet rather than developing their own opinions. A meme game like Among Us will legit be considered better than top of the line quality games like God of War because of twitch streaming and it's being touted around like it's a legitimate opinion.

And also even though companies are getting greedier, the gamers are getting cheaper, which is funny. For example Mario Kart 8 is getting new DLC with new courses. The gamer sees this as a plus, why? They don't want to buy a new game. Nintendo's going to bank off this DLC that they shouldn't even be making, and the gamers are HAPPY about it :russ:

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Ubisoft used to be a top lvl publisher. if they keep fukking up they’ll be on some Konami shyt, but instead of hawking pachinko machines they’re going be hawking NFTs of their dead franchises.