U.S. Senator Introduces Bill To Ban Loot Boxes And Pay-To-Win Microtransactions

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
A lot of people supporting this are using the disingenuous "but the children" argument knowing full well they don't care about no kids getting "addicted" to lootboxes. They're just so annoyed at a greedy monetization system that they're willing to cut their nose off to spite their face. Careful what ya'll wish for. All fun and games till these old geezers overstep their bounds on a medium they don't even understand.

The govt. ought to regulate the working conditions of these game companies, but since lootboxes inconvenience the players directly, that's what people are mainly concerned with.

:dwillhuh: Bruh, companies are running wild to the detriment of games. Fallout 76, NBA 2K, and Red Dead Online all ruined by micro transactions. That Belgium law should’ve been their wake up call to police themselves before we got here. Best believe this will be a hot button issue for all politicians going forward.

Working conditions aren’t the problems for game developers it’s the fact they bend over backwards to work in an industry that don’t value them. All they have to do is unionize, but they too p*ssy.

I know non college educated construction workers making a 110$ an hour :mindblown:, and you mean to tell mean a 4 year coder can’t get 3 weeks vacation and above 90K?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I seriously can't believe people are calling this bill stupid. Aside from pushing gambling onto minors, which is insane as it is, there's also the practical implication of games being absolutely ruined because in-game progress is designed for an unrealistic, sometimes even impossible amount of grinding that you can only advance normally by paying for stuff.

Why in the world anyone wouldn't want to stop developers and publishers from doing that shyt is beyond me.

Berry

Negro Swan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Okaga,CA
I believe the Parent should regulate it more, most if not all mobile games are heavy on pay to win and micro transactions, whether it’s to get rid of adds, or gain more energy. They just aren’t designed to be played for long periods of time without having to pay to be successful.

Regarding cosmetics, I never spent a dime on any of that until I had the money to buy it myself. I knew not ask my parents for that. Gotta regulate

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Since when did Senators give a damn about lootboxes or microtransactions? How much was his bill that he felt the need to bring this up?

I don't care about microtransactions. I don't buy them and I try not play games that rely on them.