u guys better stop trusting these shred companies and shred ur own documents

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Real talk i see these big shred trucks at banks and what not shredding the publics documents but unless they are shreding everything in front of you its a big risk. Most take em back to a large warehouse and do it there. Its much safer to shred your own documents

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, what you nikkas need to stop doing is sending your hard drives back to the manufacturer once they break :lupe:

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
No, what you nikkas need to stop doing is sending your hard drives back to the manufacturer once they break :lupe:

This makes me laugh too. When someone tells me they sent their computer to get fixed I'm always like

"You took the hard drive out, right :lupe:"

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This makes me laugh too. When someone tells me they sent their computer to get fixed I'm always like

"You took the hard drive out, right :lupe:"

For real...my external gave out on me a few weeks ago and I've only had it since October. I thought about sending it in, then i was like 'Nah...'

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
For real...my external gave out on me a few weeks ago and I've only had it since October. I thought about sending it in, then i was like 'Nah...'

I've killed my computer more than a few times. Always work that shyt out myself.

Brofato

Fade Doe
Daps
Elaborate, plz.

Just a privacy thing. You open yourself up to the risk of having someone who knows computers better than yourself to pore over your personal computer. Filled with whatever you fill it with.

A lot of people store things they shouldn't in insecure places that they shouldn't. Like people who use their browsers to store their passwords and Chrome even has credit card autofill. Not to mention all the dirty stuff people like to keep on their computers.

And while it's true most professionals probably wouldn't even care about such things, it's just always a who knows type deal.

And the part about me killing my computer is just about me being a tinkerer and I fukk around and it ends up not starting or something.

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Just a privacy thing. You open yourself up to the risk of having someone who knows computers better than yourself to pore over your personal computer. Filled with whatever you fill it with.

A lot of people store things they shouldn't in insecure places that they shouldn't. Like people who use their browsers to store their passwords and Chrome even has credit card autofill. Not to mention all the dirty stuff people like to keep on their computers.

And while it's true most professionals probably wouldn't even care about such things, it's just always a who knows type deal.

And the part about me killing my computer is just about me being a tinkerer and I fukk around and it ends up not starting or something.

Makes sense

I should have know that

I'm askin' cause my HP (2nd PC) hard drive isn't responding (No bootable drive detected or sumthing like that), so it's a relevant topic

Plus, I got a growing pile of things that need to be shredded and thrown in the busshheess

Powerful thread

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Real talk i see these big shred trucks at banks and what not shredding the publics documents but unless they are shreding everything in front of you its a big risk. Most take em back to a large warehouse and do it there. Its much safer to shred your own documents

yeah and Even if you shred all of your own documents, it doesn't mean all of the companies you deal with are doing it. I laugh when people act like they have everything so safeguarded when their SS#, bank account #, credit card #'s are all littered all over the world and are easily accessible by anyone who works at or audits (or breaks into :pachaha:) anyplace they've worked, put in an application, or made a non cash transaction. Gotta hope your mailman never made a mistake too.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
I don't know what shredding company you're dealing with, but when I worked at one of my former jobs, they would shred the paper right there in the truck in front of you.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yeah and Even if you shred all of your own documents, it doesn't mean all of the companies you deal with are doing it. I laugh when people act like they have everything so safeguarded when their SS#, bank account #, credit card #'s are all littered all over the world and are easily accessible by anyone who works at or audits (or breaks into :pachaha:) anyplace they've worked, put in an application, or made a non cash transaction. Gotta hope your mailman never made a mistake too.

Cosign...thesr companies are reckless with our info...plus so many places have your info no one is 100%already safe. I shred my own documents i just need to know what i do with my old harddrives.