Twitch Streamer ‘XQC’ Signs $100 Million Deal With Rival Platform

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Dudes out here getting NBA contracts for streaming games now, god damn. :whew:

One of Twitch's most popular streamers said on Friday that he was joining a rival streaming platform, Kick, in a significant blow to the Amazon-owned site and a sign of its increasingly strained relationship with content creators.

Félix Lengyel, a Canadian known online as xQc, is signing a two-year, roughly $70 million contract, with incentives that could push the total to about $100 million, said his agent, Ryan Morrison.

Mr. Lengyel's deal — about as large as the two-year contract extension signed by the Los Angeles Lakers' LeBron James last year — could shake up the economics of the online entertainment world.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i know the owners of kick basically make all their money off of crypto gambling

but i find it hard to believe they are going to be caking like that forever. especially with crypto having issues and shyt.

something tells me this shyt won't last forever.

my bet is part of his deal is he has to "gamble" on stream not just play video games, to be fair i don't consider it really gambling because the sites they using just crediting their top influencers in order to indoctrinate the viewers.

:patrice:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
i know the owners of kick basically make all their money off of crypto gambling

but i find it hard to believe they are going to be caking like that forever. especially with crypto having issues and shyt.

something tells me this shyt won't last forever.

my bet is part of his deal is he has to "gamble" on stream, to be fair i don't consider it really gambling because the sites they using just crediting their top influencers in order to indoctrinate the viewers.

:patrice:
I have no idea how they intend to make that dough back but Idk shyt :heh:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have no idea how they intend to make that dough back but Idk shyt :heh:
really the only way it makes sense is to get a bunch of other people to gamble on stake

or they're just using it to launder shady ass crypto money anyway. :sas2:

i'm pretty sure that Twitch isn't even profitable, so I can't imagine Kick would be in any way outside of getting people to gamble on Stake (who owns Kick)

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
This was all over my twitter feed yesterday...I didnt know what was going on :dwillhuh: He making more than Lebron's NBA contract.