Turbo-Graphix 16 appreciation thread (2019)

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I never hear people say much about the tg-16 as not many people had one. The games at the time was best around from a graphics standpoint with only neo geo having better buuuuuut neo geo games costed $200 each at the time so..yeah :patrice:

Devils Crush
Bonk's adventure
Legendary Axe
China warrior
Military madness
Y's book 1&2
Ninja spirit
Fantasy zone
Keith Courage in alpha zones :banderas:
Pac-land
R-type
Splatterhouse
Victory run :salute:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
My friend had bonk's/keith courage/splatterhouse

:feedme:

I was like 8 and wanted everything.

I recently got a pc engine duo to play Rondo of Blood.

Spend $500 just to play castlevania brehs

Look at this netflix show "hi score girl"

The boy plays tg16 and has an Express lolol

Ill-Mind

Midwest Moonwalker
Daps
My friend had bonk's/keith courage/splatterhouse

:feedme:

I was like 8 and wanted everything.

I recently got a pc engine duo to play Rondo of Blood.

Spend $500 just to play castlevania brehs

Look at this netflix show "hi score girl"

The boy plays tg16 and has an Express lolol

Why didn't you just cop a Vita and get Dracula X Chronicles? Could of saved you some bread if that was your only reason of getting it

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why didn't you just cop a Vita and get Dracula X Chronicles? Could of saved you some bread if that was your only reason of getting it
I'm a collector. I spend stupid $$$ on this stuff. I got fighting street also.

Peep :20 2pac and Steel playing it in Juice.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
They had one of these shyts at the Dr. office where I used to get allergy shots.

TG-16 was very ahead of it's time technologically.

Games were ass but the graphics were undeniable.

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Turbo Grafix had a way better sound system compared to Sega and Super Nintendo usually the compositions were very clear. Did anyone play this Final Fight clone? The ost is pretty good.

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
They had one of these shyts at the Dr. office where I used to get allergy shots.

TG-16 was very ahead of it's time technologically.

Games were ass but the graphics were undeniable.

The Turbo Grafix pumped out better graphics than the Super Nintendo, they just didn't have the library.

Bonk is still an underrated platformer and that R-Type was arcade perfect.
Graphics were not better than Super Nintendo. The graphics were pretty much on par with Genesis, but I believe Genesis was more advanced, while Turbo Graphx had a larger color palette.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I'm a collector. I spend stupid $$$ on this stuff. I got fighting street also.

Peep :20 2pac and Steel playing it in Juice.

I need confirmation that was fighting street in juice, I ALWAYS thought that was street fighter 1 :ohhh:
Graphics were not better than Super Nintendo. The graphics were pretty much on par with Genesis, but I believe Genesis was more advanced, while Turbo Graphx had a larger color palette.
To correct both you guys, the TG-16 with the 16 meaning 16bit. The genesis was 16bit, so was the super Nintendo. But the tg-16 was not true 16bit aka 90's 4k. It was two 8bit processors to create a checkerboard 16bit :smugbiden:
The genesis had the better CPU while the SNES had the better GPU if we're using today's terminology. Genesis sound was trash, but could run games faster which is why all of EA's games played better on Sega. EA couldn't make a proper SNES to save is life. Well, nba live they finally got playable but it still was inferior to the Sega version.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I need confirmation that was fighting street in juice, I ALWAYS thought that was street fighter 1 :ohhh:.
It was street fighter, but when it was released on tg16 cd it became "fighting street". I have no idea why. Licensing or something ? ??

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
I loved mine. Got one as a kid growing up because my friend said he was getting one then he ended up with Genesis. I loved many in the OP, Bonk, Bloody Wolf, the TV Sports Series and especially Ninja Spirit. Some of my friend's ended up getting them too as well as the portable, too much piff.

In recent times one of my coworkers bought a PC Engine and got some game recommendations from me as well as put me on to some I missed out on.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4