Tupac Shakur: "God Has Cursed Me To See What Life Should Be Like"

Daps
Reppin
NULL
that breh had a lot of real shyt to say and mad nikkas write him off cause he wasnt as lyrically acrobatic as some others from his era.
his influence on the game and the generation cannot be denied

Pac was a big fish in a small pond.That might make some hip hop heads mad, but fukk it.

He had to dumb down to rap.It was beneath his pedigree.

It's evident when you listen to his interviews.

But since he's not like most of the other fish in the pond, some like to alienate him, and use his own uniqueness against him

Grano-Grano

The Bando
Daps
Reppin
Skrilla
Pac was a big fish in a small pond.That might make some hip hop heads mad, but fukk it.

He had to dumb down to rap.It was beneath his pedigree.

It's evident when you listen to his interviews.

But since he's not like most of the other fish in the pond, some like to alienate him, and use his own uniqueness against him

Brah speaking on this, I think there's an agenda to tarnish his legacy amongst Hip Hop fans in this new generation. Think about this, all of his enemies survived, he didn't.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brah speaking on this, I think there's an agenda to tarnish his legacy amongst Hip Hop fans in this new generation. Think about this, all of his enemies survived, he didn't.

Yeah that Billboard shyt was ridiculous.Thing about Pac, he's tough to appropriate.

He dealt with deep, innermost feelings/soulfulness.Some white folks can actually connect with him on that level, but the "gatekeepers", the ones who need a technical guide to point at and say "this is hip hop", Pac is a mysterious annoyance.

They don't "get" him....It just so happens that hip hop is gaped wide open right now.They've become emboldened by this white boy/ punk rock/ "Kumbaya" element going on in hip hop right now.Niccaz is wearin skinny jeans, skate boarding, wearing mohawks and shyt.Hip Hop is more about wanting to die than fighting to live right now.Pop a Xanax, sip some lean.Ya know, depressive shyt.

We're not as alert as we used to be.There's still a few of us left.

But yeah, like Sidney Dean told Billy Hoyle in White Man Can't Jump "You listening, but you can't hear Jimmy!"

They can't hear Pac.They want the technical shyt that they can judge, critique, and change the rules with.Appropriation.

Soul music don't work like that.Pac was the Marvin Gaye of rap---His essence will always shine through, tho

Grano-Grano

The Bando
Daps
Reppin
Skrilla
Yeah that Billboard shyt was ridiculous.Thing about Pac, he's tough to appropriate.

He dealt with deep, innermost feelings/soulfulness.Some white folks can actually connect with him on that level, but the "gatekeepers", the ones who need a technical guide to point at and say "this is hip hop", Pac is a mysterious annoyance.

They don't "get" him....It just so happens that hip hop is gaped wide open right now.They've become emboldened by this white boy/ punk rock/ "Kumbaya" element going on in hip hop right now.Niccaz is wearin skinny jeans, skate boarding, wearing mohawks and shyt.Hip Hop is more about wanting to die than fighting to live right now.Pop a Xanax, sip some lean.Ya know, depressive shyt.

We're not as alert as we used to be.There's still a few of us left.

But yeah, like Sidney Dean told Billy Hoyle in White Man Can't Jump "You listening, but you can't hear Jimmy!"

They can't hear Pac.They want the technical shyt that they can judge, critique, and change the rules with.Appropriation.

Soul music don't work like that.Pac was the Marvin Gaye of rap---His essence will always shine through, tho

My man:obama: They think they gonna erase Pac, Hip Hop is still dictated by the streets. The best example is the disconnect between the Meek Mill/Drake fans.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
My man:obama: They think they gonna erase Pac, Hip Hop is still dictated by the streets. The best example is the disconnect between the Meek Mill/Drake fans.

Drakes a major part of the appropriation.So is Kendrick.He's like a "Tupac" that they can stomach.If you've noticed, they've been trying to align Kendrick with Pac for the last few years.

In 5-10 years, they'll probably try to replace Pac & Big with Drake & Kendrick in the all time top 5 list

Grano-Grano

The Bando
Daps
Reppin
Skrilla
Drakes a major part of the appropriation.So is Kendrick.He's like a "Tupac" that they can stomach.If you've noticed, they've been trying to align Kendrick with Pac for the last few years.

In 5-10 years, they'll probably try to replace Pac & Big with Drake & Kendrick in the all time top 5 list

FOH how you mean? I don't think they have the balls to do that.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
FOH how you mean? I don't think they have the balls to do that.

They already had the balls to leave Pac outta the top 10:pachaha:

Hip Hop has been hijacked.the hijackers create their own stars(Not just hip hop.All genres).It's not really about talent and connecting with the people anymore.

Marketing, promotion, and hype.The media is in prime form...GOAT form, really.

In 5-10 years, Drake and Kendrick will have the "credentials"....You can bank on it

Grano-Grano

The Bando
Daps
Reppin
Skrilla
They already had the balls to leave Pac outta the top 10:pachaha:

Hip Hop has been hijacked.the hijackers create their own stars(Not just hip hop.All genres).It's not really about talent and connecting with the people anymore.

Marketing, promotion, and hype.The media is in prime form...GOAT form, really.

In 5-10 years, Drake and Kendrick will have the "credentials"....You can bank on it

We shall see, we shall see my friend.

Fox

Pro
Daps
Reppin
PHARAOH & THEM
that breh had a lot of real shyt to say and mad nikkas write him off cause he wasnt as lyrically acrobatic as some others from his era.
his influence on the game and the generation cannot be denied

Pac was poetic with it... white man'z world is some of the most coldest game I've heard from any rapper to date. Most of them super acrobatic cats on the mic hardly touched the type of stuff pac spoke on, can't even count how many meaningless hot 16's I've come across on records.

I still keep Pac in rotation today because of the things he rapped about. I can't say the same about a lot of other old material.

Fox

Pro
Daps
Reppin
PHARAOH & THEM
Pac was bigger than rap, I honestly don't see him rapping for much longer if he made it through death row. That was a brilliant nega for his age and short experience in life.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
I'll never understand how Pac gets hate from detractors for not being as lyrical as a Nas or Lupe

But there are others who arent also and nikkas be calling them great lyricist.

As @MooseMouthMthafuga. Said

Pac gets the most profound love but also profound hate.

Guess it goes with him being popular and still being popular 20 years since his death.