"True Blood" reboot in wooks at HBO

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina

Riverdale's' Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa is behind the project, and original series creator Alan Ball is also on board.

HBO is eyeing a return to Bon Temps.

WarnerMedia's premium cable outlet is in the early stages of developing a new version of its series True Blood, with Riverdale and Chilling Adventures of Sabrina creator Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa at the helm. Alan Ball, the creator of the original series, is also on board as an executive producer.

HBO declined comment.

True Blood, based on a series of novels by Charlaine Harris, debuted on HBO in 2008 and ran for seven seasons. It was set in a world where the development of a synthetic blood allowed vampires to announce their presence to the world, with a host of them residing in the town of Bon Temps, Louisiana.

Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer headed the cast, which also featured Sam Trammell, Rutina Wesley, Ryan Kwanten, Nelsan Ellis, Chris Bauer, Carrie Preston, Alexander Skarsgard, Joe Mangianello and Kristin Bauer.

The series was a hit for HBO, peaking at nearly 5 million same-day viewers per episode in its third and fourth seasons.

Aguirre-Sacasa is set to write a pilot for the new version with Jami O'Brien (AMC's NOS4A2). The duo will executive produce with Ball.

Aguirre-Sacasa, who has an overall deal at True Blood producer Warner Bros. TV, is also shepherding a reboot of Pretty Little Liars at HBO Max in addition to overseeing The CW's Riverdale, which begins its fifth season in January.

TVLine first reported the news.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Ehhhh, True Blood fell victim to its popularity. The decline in quality wasn't a sudden steep one, but a very steady one. I have no doubts a reboot would be successful merely because by its end it was pandering to an easily pleased demographic: zany twists, whole tons of sex and revolving doors of relationships between major characters (shipping was huge with this show), and violence for violence sake. There's not a popular vampire show out rn(afaik), so I'm sure this would fill a niche.

colicolicoli

Droid Gang
Daps
Reppin
LBC
I quit this show for several years but got bored during the early pandemic period and finally watched the last two seasons.

It was fukking horrendous, I couldn’t believe a show could keep getting worse each episode like that.

I still powered through and finally checked this shyt off my “shows I’ve rage quit” list...

no thank you to any reboot :thumbsdown: