Triple H named Head of Talent Relations and Creative in WWE. 2023 WON Booker of the Year.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Remember when people didn't care if it was a work or a shoot. Just watch the product... :snoop:

I think there's a difference between a wrestling storyline and an injury tho. People can not care if they do something that's part of the storyline but if a potential injury is involved then fans are gonna care cuz that's beyond the imaginary tv viewing aspect and deals with an actual human being. Don't matter if you a fan of the wrestler or not, nobody should want to see a wrestler get hurt.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
I think there's a difference between a wrestling storyline and an injury tho. People can not care if they do something that's part of the storyline but if a potential injury is involved then fans are gonna care cuz that's beyond the imaginary tv viewing aspect and deals with an actual human being. Don't matter if you a fan of the wrestler or not, nobody should want to see a wrestler get hurt.

that's the problem though, fake injuries have been a storytelling device for as long as time but only these days do the fans need reassurance almost immediately that the wrestler isn't actually injured which takes away a lot of the drama of the story.

When Shawn Michaels collapsed in the ring against Owen Hart, as a kid I thought it was legit and it made the story more compelling and made me wanna tune in to even the weekend shows to get updates. Nowadays we'd have an update that night from Fightful saying "He's okay, its just a story" and kill the angle dead instantly

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
that's the problem though, fake injuries have been a storytelling device for as long as time but only these days do the fans need reassurance almost immediately that the wrestler isn't actually injured which takes away a lot of the drama of the story.

When Shawn Michaels collapsed in the ring against Owen Hart, as a kid I thought it was legit and it made the story more compelling and made me wanna tune in to even the weekend shows to get updates. Nowadays we'd have an update that night from Fightful saying "He's okay, its just a story" and kill the angle dead instantly
I guess I'm extra flabby and sick because I actually LIKE getting worked. Restore the feeling and let me think something is real, dammit
:to: