Triple H named Head of Talent Relations and Creative in WWE. 2023 WON Booker of the Year.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
They would never get rid of domestic live events
They will always be a necessity
Not every talent is a veteran with years of experience and there's quite a few that need the reps on the house show circuit
Also good for people to try out some different ideas in the ring without it needing to be on TV
It would be too expensive to only run shows outside the US, which is why even with how much they've been doing events overseas this year the great majority are still in the US

Who usually is a part of the house shows? Feel like it's mostly the big stars. Not sure if nxt does house shows or not. They def should put a frw of them to run the house show circuit and rotate them every so often. Even have them in dark matches on Raw or SD.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
They should even rotate the main stars on the house shows. Give more breaks to the talent. Think they got the roster to do that. Not sure how they been doing it lately. But having a tour of one region with one group then giving them a break while another group tours wouldn't be a bad idea.

Like for example Raw Group A does a circuit in the northeast, then SD group A does one in Midwest, then Raw group B in South, followed by SD group B in Southwest. And just rotate it like that with each one lasting like 3 or 4 weeks. Or even just combine it into 2 or 3 different groups of the supershows are a combo of both raw and sd.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
Who usually is a part of the house shows? Feel like it's mostly the big stars. Not sure if nxt does house shows or not. They def should put a few of them to run the house show circuit and rotate them every so often. Even have them in dark matches on Raw or SD.
Just study Cagematch friend. 😊

NXT usually does Live Events every other week. Usually on Fridays and Saturdays. 1 week on, 1 week off.

NXT talent have been used on Main Event for a while now. I'd say just a little after they stopped calling it NXT 2.0. They are also getting used for WWE Speed as well which most of the time is taped before SD.

Last edited:

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Look at Ted Turner, He understood the concept of money yet his competitive streak overrode his common sense. Letting Bischoff use his checkbook to sign average at best mid-carders to 6 figure contracts is one of the big reasons why they're not around today. Tony is doing the same thing and you see he's worse off than he was when they started the company. HHH signing all these people Vince released to create an "unpredictable atmosphere" was financially irresponsible, especially since only one of them have been worth the re-signing and that's Chelsea. If he's just waiting out contracts because he doesn't have the balls to fire these people, then he is never beating the TK clone allegations.:mjlol:
I see what you're saying but I don't agree. Just like I don't agree with comparing Toyota and Apple to fukking AEW lmao

Anybody can spend money and lose it, it's more about long term vision and whether or not that's being accomplished while spending. Ted got a return on investment for a period in time and kicked the shyt out of WWF. You could argue the overspending was worth it, not to mention WCW made way more than they were spending at the same time, so even though they overpaid they at least were raking in dough and were the #1 company in the world

Was it unsustainable and would've caused problems beyond 2001 if they made it that far and business settled post attitude era, possibly. But it didn't go bad until creative fell off a cliff, then execs really wanted the shyt gone since they wanted it gone when it was making money

Idk what you mean by HHH, I don't think they had to break the bank bringing back Chelsea or anybody else he signed. I just think he wanted his NXT favorites back so he can run the same playbook but it's not working for most of them on the main. Why he's hanging onto them yeah idk

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Looks impossible to sort out the house shows with some saying wwe live and others saying summer tour. Seems like they don't run shows every weekend at least for the main roster.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
They should even rotate the main stars on the house shows. Give more breaks to the talent. Think they got the roster to do that. Not sure how they been doing it lately. But having a tour of one region with one group then giving them a break while another group tours wouldn't be a bad idea.

Like for example Raw Group A does a circuit in the northeast, then SD group A does one in Midwest, then Raw group B in South, followed by SD group B in Southwest. And just rotate it like that with each one lasting like 3 or 4 weeks. Or even just combine it into 2 or 3 different groups of the supershows are a combo of both raw and sd.
TKO cut down on the number of house shows to give them a break. But with a company that large they should be rotating across all shows period not just house or NXT when counter programming AEW

If they want Speed to be something more than a Musk check put Bayley, Bianca, Finn, Charlotte etc on there every now and then. Same thing with NXT, make it a permanent thing with segments rotating main roster stars interacting with the development. The TNA stuff is great but it's not the same thing

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
We don't know where these executives get their money from or the financials of the companies. Who knows what side hustles they may have that's bringing extra revenue in to pay for talent or anything else they might need. I know TK is involved in a few other sports teams and some media or other type of company. Don't know how much ability people have to move money around especially when it comes to stuff like that. It's different with WWE and TKO which also owns UFC. I don't think TKO can be like ok we'll take some money from ufc and invest it into wwe to help them out for a bit, especially since one is ran by Triple H and the other by Dana White. Of course again I'm not sure of the legality of that type of thing, or maybe even taking ones own money like a salary and using it for something else.

It be like having two jobs and using one to pay the bills and the other to help start a business in order to not have to work as much.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
TKO cut down on the number of house shows to give them a break. But with a company that large they should be rotating across all shows period not just house or NXT when counter programming AEW

If they want Speed to be something more than a Musk check put Bayley, Bianca, Finn, Charlotte etc on there every now and then. Same thing with NXT, make it a permanent thing with segments rotating main roster stars interacting with the development. The TNA stuff is great but it's not the same thing

They def should have main roster stars doing month long minimum tours of nxt to help the talent down there. Help them get ready for main roster.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I'm not the person who mentioned Apple or Toyota but it could have been any business mentioned. Uber, Beyond Meat, I mean I could name literally thousands of companies (some that I've invested in) that were not profitable until well beyond 5 years or more and some still aren't "profitable" yet their revenue continues to grow..

All this pocket watching of a non-publicly traded/private company is weird. I know why people are pocket watching too and that makes it even stranger lol

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
Looks impossible to sort out the house shows with some saying wwe live and others saying summer tour. Seems like they don't run shows every weekend at least for the main roster.
Unless it's RAW/SD or the name of a PLE it's a Live Event. WWE Live is just a generic tour name. Summer Tour, Holiday Tour, are just themed Live Event tours. A SuperShow are joint brand Live Events where both brands are on the same tour. I mean if you read it, they say "House Show" right there in the descriptions. 😄

When they do run them it's usually SD/Speed on Fri., Live Events on Sat. & Sun., Raw/Main Event on Mon and NXT/LVL Up on Tuesday. Wed and Thurs are usually the days off.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
They def should have main roster stars doing month long minimum tours of nxt to help the talent down there. Help them get ready for main roster.
That's why they send NXT talent to Raw for Main Event tapings. They train every day at the PC in NXT from what I've read over the years.

and then they have their Live Event weekends roughly every other week. They have to learn with each other first before working with the more seasoned talent. But they have been sending guys down all the time. Gallows & Anderson, Adonis, Cedric just to name a few. Plenty to learn from as well as the coaches.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
For sure. It also saves the talent from embarrassing spots like that Lola/Roxanne promo a couple weeks back. Let the trainees lean on the main acts and build that part up instead of leaving them twisting & dangling with each other

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
This doesn't mean they are getting rid of domestic Live Events, they are just likely slowing them down because it's closer to the end of the year, so Holidays are a factor and they have many more planned for the International market, can't run your talent into the ground. Plus SuperShows are a Raw/SD combo card.

I'm sure they will pick back up at the beginning of the year for their Road to RR/WM season.

They've also done two PPV's in Europe and a tour of Japan within the past 4 months so I'm sure the lighter fall is to give a breather before Survivor Series and debuting on Netflix.