Triple H named Head of Talent Relations and Creative in WWE. 2023 WON Booker of the Year.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
I doubt Alvarez knows what he's talking about. WWE's not going to name you for you to dip out to do Onlyfans or host MAGA rallies or whatever with the name tying back to them. There's too many liabilities with people washing out the business for that to even make sense

Most likely the change is, which is already obvious, you don't have to change your name to work there. They'll trademark whatever you were before while you're there and if you leave you still have the name. "Iyo Sky" wouldn't exist she'd just be Io Shirai when she moved up

If they are naming you (NXT) they are keeping that name 100%

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
It just sounds like people with established names are being allowed to use those names in WWE and keep the trademarking post WWE.

Always been a thing. My guess is WWE started to move away from it and establish their own original names, which is why Vince started to OD and make everyone change their name (Walter to Gunther, Jordan Devlin to JD, Marcel Barthel to Ludwig etc.)

But I’m assuming they’re easing up on that. :yeshrug:
Very likely, I just saw that tweet and posted it. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
It just sounds like people with established names are being allowed to use those names in WWE and keep the trademarking post WWE.

Always been a thing. My guess is WWE started to move away from it and establish their own original names, which is why Vince started to OD and make everyone change their name (Walter to Gunther, Jordan Devlin to JD, Marcel Barthel to Ludwig etc.)

But I’m assuming they’re easing up on that. :yeshrug:
The more Vinceisms they get away from the better

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I think it all started with Dwayne getting full ownership over everything "The Rock." Like that could have been the catalyst for this.

Its interesting cuz I understand them wanting to copyright the wrestlers while they are wrestling for WWE. If you think about it, I know the company gives the wrestlers the opportunity but a lot of it is on the wrestlers themselves to perform. Obviously Dwayne had movie success and all that but before that he was The Rock. I'm wondering if that role could've been played any better by some other superstar. Imagine if The Rock was the beer drinking anti-establishment ass kicking SOB and Stone Cold was the smooth talking charismatic guy. Even tho its all said and done already, its hard to picture it like that or any other way. The company may create the character but the actor brings them to life. And not all actors have that unique capability.

Of course there'll def be restrictions on what stars can do while employed there such as Mandy Rose with OF. But not sure how much they can restrict before deciding to cut ties with someone. There are some stuff that people can get away with and others that may get them some setback. Like the whole Tiffany Stratton thing. Or even if they do some MAGA or political stuff. Its difficult to analyze things cuz not everyone is going to share the same opinions on some stuff. So punishing someone for supporting one political party isn't fair if its not done to the other. Not to mention that the thoughts of one individual shouldn't reflect on the others employed there. Now the setback they may get for doing something that isn't liked by some fans and can cause them to lose money is another story. Look at all the boycotts like the bud light or whatever it was that went down. If the people wanna come after you or cancel you, they damn sure will.

We'll have to see how this new thing plays out and how it impacts the talent overall.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
While they’re under contract with WWE

Pretty much once/if they leave, it belongs to them again.

Pretty shocking turn of events lol

Haven't watch wrestling since like 2002 and I swear that always bugged the shyt out of me.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
Its interesting cuz I understand them wanting to copyright the wrestlers while they are wrestling for WWE. If you think about it, I know the company gives the wrestlers the opportunity but a lot of it is on the wrestlers themselves to perform. Obviously Dwayne had movie success and all that but before that he was The Rock. I'm wondering if that role could've been played any better by some other superstar. Imagine if The Rock was the beer drinking anti-establishment ass kicking SOB and Stone Cold was the smooth talking charismatic guy. Even tho its all said and done already, its hard to picture it like that or any other way. The company may create the character but the actor brings them to life. And not all actors have that unique capability.

Of course there'll def be restrictions on what stars can do while employed there such as Mandy Rose with OF. But not sure how much they can restrict before deciding to cut ties with someone. There are some stuff that people can get away with and others that may get them some setback. Like the whole Tiffany Stratton thing. Or even if they do some MAGA or political stuff. Its difficult to analyze things cuz not everyone is going to share the same opinions on some stuff. So punishing someone for supporting one political party isn't fair if its not done to the other. Not to mention that the thoughts of one individual shouldn't reflect on the others employed there. Now the setback they may get for doing something that isn't liked by some fans and can cause them to lose money is another story. Look at all the boycotts like the bud light or whatever it was that went down. If the people wanna come after you or cancel you, they damn sure will.

We'll have to see how this new thing plays out and how it impacts the talent overall.
I don't think it's that deep. It's probably how Larry explained it. I think some are misunderstanding it. I know I did at first. In the end we are just fans, nothing we can do about how they handle trademarks. 🤷‍♂️

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
I doubt Alvarez knows what he's talking about. WWE's not going to name you for you to dip out to do Onlyfans or host MAGA rallies or whatever with the name tying back to them. There's too many liabilities with people washing out the business for that to even make sense

Most likely the change is, which is already obvious, you don't have to change your name to work there. They'll trademark whatever you were before while you're there and if you leave you still have the name. "Iyo Sky" wouldn't exist she'd just be Io Shirai when she moved up

If they are naming you (NXT) they are keeping that name 100%

Yeah this makes the most sense

I think WWE doesn’t or didn’t want outside companies eating off what they created. I completely get that.. for instance Sami Zayn..

He walked into WWE wearing a mask as El Generico. They unmasked him. he became “Sami Zayn” and built that name into what it is under WWE’s umbrella. Now he’s one of the most recognizable wrestling names on earth. If he were to leave today, he wouldn’t just be able to go to AEW or somewhere else and still be “Sami Zayn”… It’s like television. Bryan Cranston can’t go be Walter White on some other tv show. That character belongs to Breaking Bad and Breaking Bad only.

It makes all the sense in the world why they’d want to keep the names in house and be the sole beneficiary. I’m surprised they’re easing off it honestly, but I’m down

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
:laff: People are legit mad how over Rhea and Liv are with this storyline...because ":to:it centers a man:to:."

This shyt is doing gangbusters on social media and Liv been heavily featured since May. Rhea is as over as ever--proving to me, that was overexposed and could've taken more breaks off TV.

:laff: These people will never be happy.

If I had to sit here and talk about the many flaws of the HHH era in terms of booking I’d be writing like 45 pages of this, but I’ll focus on his treatment of the Women’s Division and specifically how female wrestlers just don’t feel important on the shows as WRESTLERS. The main complaint would be how TV time is not enough for the roster to truly be in the spotlight and show what they can do, but that’s a complaint I have with the two biggest wrestling companies today. If you go and look back at any weekly program in WWE, you’ll see how women are given matches that last from 2-9 minutes, with the exception being title defenses (those go for 11 minutes, and that’s not long either)
The WWE Women’s Revolution Is Dead
Bayley, one of the best wrestlers in the company, was given less to zero importance to her rivalry with Iyo Sky, even if it was compelling television: she didn’t even get her deserved WrestleMania main event. Now, she’s stuck in a rivalry with Piper Niven that WWE is not willing to give importance to either. Dakota Kai was on social media asking for a chance to show what she’s capable of doing, the Bianca Belair and Jade Cargill tag team run is good, but it doesn’t scratch a fraction of what it could truly do given how talented Bianca is, and how much presence Jade has. And don’t get me started on the way Shawn Michaels is booking NXT. WWE was in your face saying they saved women’s wrestling in the US and even did a whole PPV (that never had another edition) to tell you “Yeah, we’ll book women better,” but now people have realized the whole company is not willing to give women wrestlers a chance to shine as WRESTLERS.

Yes, the world wants to see a Lyra Valkria v. Liv Morgan 30 minute 3 stages of hell banger.

:russ: This is a Becky Lynch puff piece, also. Another wrestler who ain't did nothing memorable in two years but been EVERYBODY but Rhea and Charlotte.

Last edited: