Triple H named Head of Talent Relations and Creative in WWE. 2023 WON Booker of the Year.

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
Are you blind or do you just refuse to acknowledge how some of these people operate? I don’t care if people like him or not, but are you really gonna ignore how “Indy” the gimmick is and not realize he’d get hated on if he wasn’t where he was at?

My homie is a casual and mainly fukks with the E. I showed him this guy and even he was like “the fukk?”
What's your argument?

I stay out of this bullshyt now, but I got time today. If you don't like the gimmick then why does it matter if other people like the gimmick?

Matter of fact, if any of you don't like a particular style of wrestling or particular components of wrestling, then why does it matter to you that other people do?

Mans got a huge pop coming out on NXT. People fukk with him. So stop trying to rack your brain figuring out why and trying to convince people that they're wrong for enjoying what they enjoy and go enjoy the shyt you enjoy. It's that simple. Why do so many fans waste time trying to convince people that what they like is stupid? If it's stupid to you, that's all that should matter in your mind.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I don't know anything about Indiana but it doesn't seem like a mania type of city. Isn't the weather bad up there around that time also? Tho it is a domed stadium. But tho there could be equal complaints about Minnesota. Altho I feel Minnesota is a more entertaining city. Never been to either so maybe those who know more can enlighten me.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
What's your argument?

I stay out of this bullshyt now, but I got time today. If you don't like the gimmick then why does it matter if other people like the gimmick?

Matter of fact, if any of you don't like a particular style of wrestling or particular components of wrestling, then why does it matter to you that other people do?

Mans got a huge pop coming out on NXT. People fukk with him. So stop trying to rack your brain figuring out why and trying to convince people that they're wrong for enjoying what they enjoy and go enjoy the shyt you enjoy. It's that simple. Why do so many fans waste time trying to convince people that what they like is stupid? If it's stupid to you, that's all that should matter in your mind.

I’m pointing out how some marks operate. The guy would get hated on if he was stuck on the indies and popped up in AEW doing this Andy Samberg gimmick.

You guys like to make up your own arguments when I never said anything about why I don’t get why he’s over or even hating on it. I literally said in the same quote I don’t care if people like him or not. I’m just calling out the hypocrisy of some marks because it’s not hard to see how they move.

edit: For reference, here’s a thread about a dude who relies on an actual gimmick to get over.

See how the hate is?

Last edited:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I’m pointing out how some marks operate. The guy would get hated on if he was stuck on the indies and popped up in AEW doing this Andy Samberg gimmick.

You guys like to make up your own arguments when I never said anything about why I don’t get why he’s over or even hating on it. I literally said in the same quote I don’t care if people like him or not. I’m just calling out the hypocrisy of some marks because it’s not hard to see how they move.

edit: For reference, here’s a thread about a dude who relies on an actual gimmick to get over.

See how the hate is?
This is what you're doing. You're making up a hypothetical in your head, getting upset over it, and making false accusations of hypocrisy based on your alternate reality.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I don't know anything about Indiana but it doesn't seem like a mania type of city. Isn't the weather bad up there around that time also? Tho it is a domed stadium. But tho there could be equal complaints about Minnesota. Altho I feel Minnesota is a more entertaining city. Never been to either so maybe those who know more can enlighten me.

WrestleMania VIII was in Indy and it did "solid" business but probably not as much as they wanted at the time. It's different now though. People will travel just cause it's WrestleMania.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
This is what you're doing. You're making up a hypothetical in your head, getting upset over it, and making false accusations of hypocrisy based on your alternate reality.
What makes you think I’m upset? This isn’t rocket science. It’s knowing how fickle fans are and when they wanna pick and choose who to root for or hate on. Do you know what trends are? It’s the same here.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
What makes you think I’m upset? This isn’t rocket science. It’s knowing how fickle fans are and when they wanna pick and choose who to root for or hate on. Do you know what trends are? It’s the same here.
You're right; wrestling fans are fickle, which is why it's not reliable to judge fan reactions to different gimmicks based on trends.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
You're right; wrestling fans are fickle, which is why it's not reliable to judge fan reactions to different gimmicks based on trends.
I gave Hendry the same reaction I gave OC and Danhausen when I first saw them, which was :dwillhuh: , but I never hated. If their gimmick is over they’re over, I don’t have to fukk with it.

But I’m not gonna sit here and act like the last 2 never got hated on and somehow Hendry gets a pass. You can enjoy your white boy humor.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
I know that shyt would have me feeling a way if I was a wrestler. I get that’s just the business though

Elias pitched the Monday Night Messiah faction/gimmick and they gave it straight to Seth Rollins. I woulda been hot

Brodus Clay allegedly pitched the Mark Henry "Hall of Pain"

I'd say they made the right call there