Triple H named Head of Talent Relations and Creative in WWE. 2023 WON Booker of the Year.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
It could... TK didn't say he was going to "foot the bill" forever...He said he could do it for 10 years and it'd be whatever. I think that was hyperbole. I think he could probably foot the bill forever but he wouldn't do that. I don't believe it. I think what he meant was he was fine with taking losses for now because like any other business, it's about growth and revenue in the beginning not necessarily "profit"..

All of his TV Rights deals whether overseas or especially in the states will determine what the future looks like for the company.

Wrestling has always gone through cycles, boom periods, down periods... nothing is off the table.

But if you think TK will just foot the bill forever... then why post about attendance and ratings at all? What does it matter if the billionaire is just going to pay for everything anyway?

he's not gonna need to pay out of pocket much longer, they are gonna get a respectable contract from WBD and stay on TNT/TBS for probably another 5 years at least

as long as there are available metrics to compare the 2 companies, I will compare them :yeshrug:

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Meh. Still seems unnecessary even with that explanation.

wouldn't have been how I would've done it but I think they just wanted to set up that camera angle of the reveal of him counting 2 a la Shane McMahon at Survivor Series 98 more than anything :manny:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
he's not gonna need to pay out of pocket much longer, they are gonna get a respectable contract from WBD and stay on TNT/TBS for probably another 5 years at least

Aren't you on record saying this isn't going to happen?

Also, RAW is moving to Netflix and Netflix doesn't even release "ratings".... and even if they did they wouldn't be trusted. That's part of what the whole writer's strike was about last year.

Ratings in general are becoming a dying metric.. cable is continuing to lose subscribers every year and streaming platforms aren't necessarily taking all of those cord cutters either..

People are watching content through other means. Kids follow the NBA through Tiktok and YouTube highlights. They barely even watch the games and if they do it isn't through the traditional platform.

When RAW was doing 1.4 million it wasn't "good" at all in the moment and it was pointed out but nobody said "welp...it's over.." not that I can recall.

When you post that AEW did under 700K along with concern emojis what are you saying? That it's not good? Ok... but you just said they are getting a TV Rights increase... so if you truly believe that's happening... then why would ratings matter at all? Lol..

Organic Trees

Go Cavs! #LetEmKnow
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland born & raised
cause Summerslam coming up and Priest aint it:manny:
Gunther won KOTR so he gets a guaranteed title match against the champ of the brand he’s on. Drew is beefing with Punk. Wouldn’t make sense to have Drew win just so he can lose to Gunther at SS. Priest should lose the belt and start his face turn.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
That's not an explanation... Punk and Drew have been feuding since way before Gunther won the KOTR. The question is WHY does Gunther need to presumably win the world title at SummerSlam when he already went on a long ass title reign that lasted over 2 years...

That risks the character getting stale... Understandably they have the Berlin show coming up. Gunther could have gone after the title then but whatever :manny:

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Aren't you on record saying this isn't going to happen?

Also, RAW is moving to Netflix and Netflix doesn't even release "ratings".... and even if they did they wouldn't be trusted. That's part of what the whole writer's strike was about last year.

Ratings in general are becoming a dying metric.. cable is continuing to lose subscribers every year and streaming platforms aren't necessarily taking all of those cord cutters either..

People are watching content through other means. Kids follow the NBA through Tiktok and YouTube highlights. They barely even watch the games and if they do it isn't through the traditional platform.

When RAW was doing 1.4 million it wasn't "good" at all in the moment and it was pointed out but nobody said "welp...it's over.." not that I can recall.

When you post that AEW did under 700K along with concern emojis what are you saying? That it's not good? Ok... but you just said they are getting a TV Rights increase... so if you truly believe that's happening... then why would ratings matter at all? Lol..

I think they will get enough money to be profitable but less overall than WWE got from USA for Smackdown alone, probably something in the 180 to 200M a year range for all their shows + PPVs on Max

Just because they are getting a rights increase doesn't mean ratings/attendance/etc are going to be suddenly irrelevant to compare WWE and AEW. Smackdown will be on USA and Dynamite will probably go back to TNT, not to mention NXT on CW and Collision/Rampage on TBS or TNT. Dynamite will still be a touring show across North America. None of the numbers are gonna go away other than Raw's cable ratings.

The companies are still going to be competing and I don't see Tony Khan or AEW superfans waving the white flag and keeping quiet forever. If they aren't objective now, I doubt anything will change.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
It's not tit for tat though.

Kinda tho :hubie:

If your reaction to anything happening in WWE is “if this was AEW” and vice versa, how is that not tit for tat? lol

At that point ya whole opinion is literally based on a made up scenario where roles are switched. nikkas are trying to get even with eachother instead of being genuine. I hate it lol

And it’s across the board in general, I’m not even saying it’s on you or anyone in particular. It’s kinda wrestling fans in general. I see too much of “if this happened in xyz” like nikka, let’s react to what is happening instead of trying to keep some imaginary energy based on a scenario we created

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
That's not an explanation... Punk and Drew have been feuding since way before Gunther won the KOTR. The question is WHY does Gunther need to presumably win the world title at SummerSlam when he already went on a long ass title reign that lasted over 2 years...

That risks the character getting stale... Understandably they have the Berlin show coming up. Gunther could have gone after the title then but whatever :manny:
They coulda made it a triple threat with Punk/GUNTHER/Drew. I think it would be better to have GUNTHER win the Rumble and win at Mania against Drew.

If they did the triple threat they could have Punk win and continue Drew/Punk into the fall. Let Imperium cook in the tag scene and give them the belts to keep GUNTHER above water.

Drew and GUNTHER have history too. They could have continued that feud while still doing the Punk one.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

If your reaction to anything happening in WWE is “if this was AEW” and vice versa, how is that not tit for tat? lol

At that point ya whole opinion is literally based on a made up scenario where roles are switched. nikkas are trying to get even with eachother instead of being genuine. I hate it lol

And it’s across the board in general, I’m not even saying it’s on you or anyone in particular. It’s kinda wrestling fans in general. I see too much of “if this happened in xyz” like nikka, let’s react to what is happening instead of trying to keep some imaginary energy based on a scenario we created

I agree that it happens all the time but if you are someone participating in all of the "stinks" threads and other general nonsense threads and are active in them then you're going to see it and you're also opening up yourself to criticism if you are not keeping the same energy in all of the threads. That's not new to the internet or online discourse about a topic... that's always how it's been lol

I wish that TSC was still the TSC of 2012... but I don't think the people who are left, I don't think most of them want it to go back to that lol for whatever reason, maybe they like the way it is now.

A perfect example of all of this is from today... Jade Cargill looked pretty bad at times. I didn't say anything about it because I just think she had a rough match and I think the ropes appeared to be an issue as well for everyone. But in general, it was not her best match and I already see certain people going at her about it.

But a big reason why that discourse even exists is because Hunter said "AEW didn't train her and we did and now you're going to see a new Jade" and a lot of people on here and other sites bought into that dumb narrative so it's goin to be a lot of back and forth...

I'm on record saying that I think Jade has ALWAYS been a decent powerhouse wrestler even dating back to her matches with Red Velvet. Those were very solid matches especially given the circumstances where they weren't doing house shows and they were both newish.. to wrestling.

But I'm not everyone. Once again, people have to choose and pick sides... :manny:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets

There’s a thin line between criticism and hate. If you can’t see the difference and see who’s who than I don’t know what to say to you.

I call out shyt on both sides, but when I do it for the E, which has only been a few times over the last 4-6 weeks, everyone throws on their cape and has an excuse.

The E bots at the worst fan base I have seen. Worse than Jay/Nas, MCU/DC, Xbox/PS fanboys.

Mob H

All Star
Daps
Were nikkas back in the day bytching about "title this" and "title that" when Stone Cold was constantly costing Triple H this title back before No Way Out 2001?
For that matter were they bytching about Stone Cold losing talking about some "they cooled him off before Wrestlemania"?
Or when Kurt Angle lost talking about "he got his Wrestlemania main event taken away. He's buried"?

No? You mean back then people actually paid attention to the story being told and weren't obsessed with titles and a W/L record? Wow, who would've thought?

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
There’s a thin line between criticism and hate. If you can’t see the difference and see who’s who than I don’t know what to say to you.

I call out shyt on both sides, but when I do it for the E, which has only been a few times over the last 4-6 weeks, everyone throws on their cape and has an excuse.

The E bots at the worst fan base I have seen. Worse than Jay/Nas, MCU/DC, Xbox/PS fanboys.
Let’s be real, that line doesn’t exist on the internet. It’s really just the nature of being online and TSC is no different.

It’s a never ending game of tug of war. Both sides are gonna be pulling until the end of time.. shytting on one thing to praise the other. I get that.

My whole idea of nikkas keeping it a buck with motives aside is never really going to exist. I’m smoking crack for even thinking there’s a world where it’s even possible

I posted not like us on my Instagram story and had a dude get at me on some “weren’t you just on Drake dikk” shyt because I had said push ups was hot a few weeks prior. shyt like that lets me know we living in stan culture and that’s just how it’s forever gonna be. A nikka not even allowed to think both songs hot but ones hotter, I have to pick a side and completely hate one. Thats how nikkas move these days

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Were nikkas back in the day bytching about "title this" and "title that" when Stone Cold was constantly costing Triple H this title back before No Way Out 2001?
For that matter were they bytching about Stone Cold losing talking about some "they cooled him off before Wrestlemania"?
Or when Kurt Angle lost talking about "he got his Wrestlemania main event taken away. He's buried"?

No? You mean back then people actually paid attention to the story being told and weren't obsessed with titles and a W/L record? Wow, who would've thought?
No one liked Triple H back then, so of course no one said shyt. :dead:

And people didn’t like Triple H going over Austin back then too. Why do you think everyone hated/disliked Trips for so long? :gucci:

Giving Drew the title would have elevated the feud even more. It’s been building since the start do the year and you add a title in the picture it pushes the angle more and gives it meaning. With Drew as champ You get the cocky promos and trolling even more. Why can’t some of you see that? :snoop: