Triple H named Head of Talent Relations and Creative in WWE. 2023 WON Booker of the Year.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Problem is AEW's booking defaults too much towards having the same 10+ minute "banger" style TV match no matter the participants involved, and the extra 3-7 minutes that some TV matches get take up what could've been used on backstage vignettes or promos. Plus those matches require everybody getting their signature shyt in no matter what, so the main eventers don't really come off as being a level above.

like last week on Dynamite the match with Swerve and Luchasaurus went 12 minutes, if you make that an 8 minute match with Swerve in the ring after cutting a promo talking about the gauntlet match later in the main event and maybe dropping a few names to gauge interest from the crowd, it accomplishes more

same with the Moxley-Rocky Romero match that went 10:37 mins when it should've gone 5 minutes tops tbh and after Moxley cuts a promo or gets confronted by somebody to set up the PPV match.

I got no issues with Dynamite having 1 match a show that goes 15-20 minutes with good in-ring guys, there's just too many matches a show these days where people in the thread are going "Why is this still happening?" and they also exist in a vacuum where the match ends and we don't see or hear from the participants again on the show.

Hopefully getting ppl back like MJF will tighten up the TV more
I agree with a lot of this.

There’s times when AEW will have Moxley or someone like him in there really going at it with Lee Moriarty or some shyt, and it’s like fam… homie shouldn’t even be able to share the ring with Moxley let alone push him to the limit. What are we doing?

Thats the problem with that type of booking. They should be asking themselves “ what are we trying to accomplish with this match?”

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I believe who ever runs Cagematch.net. I've read replies in these posts where they said they pulled the match times from there.

Match times have been listed since the beginning of time. The newspapers that used to treat wrestling like it was real had the match times. When the internet began compiling wrestling history, all of the match times have been listed for pretty much any card from any promotion.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
That's because it was a TV match.... TV matches for the most part should be used as a way to further story beats. If Bron vs. Ricochet happened on PPV and was a 5 minute squash muthafukkas would be jumping out the window shytting on Hunter's booking :mjlol:

There's a time and a place. For someone to say "bangers don't sell..." is not true. They are expected especially on PPV

Squashes don’t belong on PPV’s or PLE’s in any way lol

Keep them shyts on tv

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I agree with a lot of this.

There’s times when AEW will have Moxley or someone like him in there really going at it with Lee Moriarty or some shyt, and it’s like fam… homie shouldn’t even be able to share the ring with Moxley let alone push him to the limit. What are we doing?

This is another thing that has always happened. Triple H even when he was in his "reign of terror" as some have called it.... would go 50/50 with Maven or Taka on a random RAW... Nobody back then asked "what are we doing?"

The nitpicking of things that have always been a wrestling staple is funny to me. It's what fuels the stan wars because people talk about shyt like it's never happened before when in actuality it's wrestling booking 101.

The problem isn't a Moxley going 50/50 with some Rampage talent... The problem is every match on AEW having to go 15+ minutes. They should utilize squash matches if they are going to book these top talent vs. lower card wrestler matches...

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
This is another thing that has always happened. Triple H even when he was in his "reign of terror" as some have called it.... would go 50/50 with Maven or Taka on a random RAW... Nobody back then asked "what are we doing?"

My energy is the same whenever I see it. I hate it. I’m not telling anyone else to feel the same way about it as me.

If you don’t mind main event talent getting whooped by undercard bums, that’s fine with me man. We like what we like..

But I’m personally not tryna see a guy like Bron Breakker have 15 minutes matches with Giovanni Vinci types, really selling for the nikka and shyt. Homie should be running full steam ahead like John Wall in his prime until he runs into a Gunther type that’s really gonna challenge him

:yeshrug:

But again, thats me. I ain’t sayin anyone should agree with me. That’s just where I stand with it as a fan and if you don’t, that’s coo too

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
Match times have been listed since the beginning of time. The newspapers that used to treat wrestling like it was real had the match times. When the internet began compiling wrestling history, all of the match times have been listed for pretty much any card from any promotion.
I know this I'm just saying the guy who posts these numbers said he gets the times from Cagematch. Nothing more nothing less.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
I believe who ever runs Cagematch.net. I've read replies in these posts where they said they pulled the match times from there.
It’s cool if cagematch does it like that’s the purpose of those type of websites

But regular dudes using that to drive narratives or use as an argument like this is first take lol