Triple H named Head of Talent Relations and Creative in WWE. 2023 WON Booker of the Year.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
I fukked with this era NXT heavy but it's a shame a lot of the guys haven't translated to the main rosters or even on AEW TV. Some guys Vince definitely fukked over but others are just ready made for that "Super Indy" style of wrestling and not really beyond that.
Tommaso should be relevant on the main roster.

I feel like a lot of nxt talent will start to shine after mania since Vince is out of the paint

Dude would tarnish nxt talent it was so obvious… I don’t know why folks acted so blinded by this

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
A lot of those black and gold guys are really mid card/tag team status on main tbh

Compare them to the guys HBK has molded now. HBK’s crop of talent overwhelm them in terms of star power.

The only major black and gold stars are the females I would presume.

The women pipeline was interesting because beyond the 4 Horsewomen and then Bianca the well ran dry... I like some of the other women but they aren't what I would call "superstars"...

Recently, they've gotten back to producing some legit stars like Tiffany Stratton seems like a can't miss talent and there's others...

I think with the men the main issue even if you remove Vince from the equation is that these guys all had 10 to 20 years in the business and likely already reached their ceiling. It wasn't really a development anymore, it was just a really well produced super indy show. Which no doubt was entertaining.

Bron, Trick, Melo... I don't know if they will all be superstars but they sure look like it and I think part of that is because HBK is teaching them how to be TV stars...

There's a saying that "you can't teach an old dog new tricks".... some of the older NXT talent were never taught how to be stars. They were taught how to be tremendous wrestlers but it's not the same thing.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
A lot of those black and gold guys are really mid card/tag team status on main tbh

Compare them to the guys HBK has molded now. HBK’s crop of talent overwhelm them in terms of star power.

The only major black and gold stars are the females I would presume.
Nothing wrong with mid card and tag level.. a couple wrestlers might slip through the cracks to main event level since those levels feel relevant again under hhh

We never know who might actually succeed since Vince no longer exits

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
The women pipeline was interesting because beyond the 4 Horsewomen and then Bianca the well ran dry... I like some of the other women but they aren't what I would call "superstars"...

Recently, they've gotten back to producing some legit stars like Tiffany Stratton seems like a can't miss talent and there's others...

I think with the men the main issue even if you remove Vince from the equation is that these guys all had 10 to 20 years in the business and likely already reached their ceiling. It wasn't really a development anymore, it was just a really well produced super indy show. Which no doubt was entertaining.

Bron, Trick, Melo... I don't know if they will all be superstars but they sure look like it and I think part of that is because HBK is teaching them how to be TV stars...

There's a saying that "you can't teach an old dog new tricks".... some of the older NXT talent were never taught how to be stars. They were taught how to be tremendous wrestlers but it's not the same thing.

Yeah pretty much. I’m looking at a roster picture now and yeah the biggest female stars there are easily Bianca and Rhea. IO and Raquel if you want to include them as well.

Of the man (not counting Balor’s second tenure), the only one who amounted to anything on main is Riddle while Vince was still in charge. :merchant:

Thats crazy in hindsight!

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
I am interested in your thoughts on this

It seems like they’ve gone more with realistic sports like vibe

Characters are more so acting like fighters and there is less character work and more focus on them entering the arena and warming up before a match

The footage of people walking in has been pretty excessive, has anybody else noticed this?

I think this is the right approach for the future but I’m a little concerned they’re going too far the other way and getting completely away from what made wrestling great

The larger than life characters and the fukkery

Just keep a lil of the fukkery is all I’m asking

Or maybe between raw and smack down, have you lean heavy into the sports feel and the other have some fukkery

I will say, with this new realistic approach, I’m optimistic we will finally get a draft done right

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

Characters are more so acting like fighters and there is less character work and more focus on them entering the arena and warming up before a match

The footage of people walking in has been pretty excessive, has anybody else noticed this?

I think this is the right approach for the future but I’m a little concerned they’re going too far the other way and getting completely away from what made wrestling great

Or maybe between raw and smack down, have you lean heavy into the sports feel and the other have some fukkery

I will say, with this new realistic approach, I’m optimistic we will finally get a draft done right

You're right that they've changed the presentation a bit and I think it's for the better. They are also using a lot of different cameras and camera angles... this was NEEDED.... Dunn was holding WWE back so much on the production side.

I think they still have a nice balance of wrestling and entertainment. R-Truth and the Judgment Day stuff has been entertaining. It's been comedic. NXT has all types of fukkery... that show has story lines going on for everyone and much of it is entertainment based. I don't think they'll move away completely.

I mean The Bloodline is still mostly fukkery too if you really think about it..

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Of the man (not counting Balor’s second tenure), the only one who amounted to anything on main is Riddle while Vince was still in charge. :merchant:

Thats crazy in hindsight!

There were a couple guys from the earlier days of NXT as a Super Indy like Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn who I don't think they expected to end up being tremendous character workers but it's probably because they are Canadian and wrestling fukkery was in their blood lol..

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
There were a couple guys from the earlier days of NXT as a Super Indy like Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn who I don't think they expected to end up being tremendous character workers but it's probably because they are Canadian and wrestling fukkery was in their blood lol..

I wasn’t thinking of them per se. I was thinking of the later stages of the black and gold era where Cole, Ciampa, and Gargano were running rampant.

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
You're right that they've changed the presentation a bit and I think it's for the better. They are also using a lot of different cameras and camera angles... this was NEEDED.... Dunn was holding WWE back so much on the production side.

I think they still have a nice balance of wrestling and entertainment. R-Truth and the Judgment Day stuff has been entertaining. It's been comedic. NXT has all types of fukkery... that show has story lines going on for everyone and much of it is entertainment based. I don't think they'll move away completely.

NXT is the show best to me, it has the best balance and constantly rotating new people in keeps it fresh

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps

I'm hoping they look at the filming style of the reality show from their sister company: The Ultimate Fighter

Show people at the gym, maybe training (this is great for stables), signing contracts, show them at restaurants, way more locations than backstage. Let people position themselves fairly naturally, camera isn't always in perfect position. Really make it so the wrasslers get "caught" having sensitive conversations (filmed from far away at times, it's okay if they're facing the other way), they have an awareness of the camera and actively try to avoid it at times. Do those talking head confessionals, which is another great way to do promos/video packages. There's plenty of space to do a ton of fukkery if they commit to this style while still making it even more sports flavored.