Triple H named Head of Talent Relations and Creative in WWE. 2023 WON Booker of the Year.

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
i mean we watched him have good matches in AEW. That was literally damn near a year ago lol.
We know what he looks like so this isn’t even a concern.

I know someone that went to the show last night and said the match was good.

And it’s his FIRST match after injury.

The botch was even that big of a deal anyways. Wrestlers botch lol

I don't care about the botch, I rarely do. I'm talking about the fact that even if Punk pulled it off, it would still look like shyt.

He knows how to work, he just isn't convincing in what he does. I'd prefer it if he switched his ring style up or actually, God forbid, got into shape. I enjoy Punk's mic work and he and Becky both annoy me with disconnect between their persona/working style and their limited physical abilities, despite them both having good to great matches. It's okay to be critical about aspects of someone's work even if they're good in other areas, especially for those in top positions. They SHOULD be held to a higher standard.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
I don't care about the botch, I rarely do. I'm talking about the fact that even if Punk pulled it off, it would still look like shyt.

He knows how to work, he just isn't convincing in what he does. I'd prefer it if he switched his ring style up or actually, God forbid, got into shape. I enjoy Punk's mic work and he and Becky both annoy me with disconnect between their persona/working style and their limited physical abilities, despite them both having good to great matches. It's okay to be critical about aspects of someone's work even if they're good in other areas, especially for those in top positions. They SHOULD be held to a higher standard.
I agree with changing up his moveset. The thing is he’s never looked that believable. what helped is he had a unique look that was never part of wwe and he has a shyt ton of charisma.

It also doesn’t help this roster is a different breed. Everyone is in the best shape of their lives. shyt, punk first era in wwe Orton was a skinny skinhead and Drew McIntyre looked like he was in his first level as a Pokémon.

No one said anything about punk in AEW looking dusty because everyone is built like the young bucks lol

Meanwhile you got Gunther, Roman looking like aquman, Drew, HGH Orton and AJ, Bobby Lashley, Logan Paul literally everyone looks great except dudes like KO who ever a lot of charisma

I don’t think punk has the genetics to start looking amazing like that but he has more charisma than 90 percent of the roster. So be used to him looking like a dad who gave up his emo phase

I just feel like this thread and Twitter was blowing that close line out of proportion. Apparently there’s a full video out and mfs at the arena chanting he still got it lol

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
No one said anything about punk in AEW looking dusty because everyone is built like the young bucks lol

Breh one of Punk's first matches in AEW was against this man.

will-hobbs-052722-aew-ftr_1mi0c65sd2h87149r9wh8rsw8l.jpg

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
It's a house shows match. The whole point of them is to get the ring rust off and try shyt out to see what works and doesn't so when he wrestles on TV/PLE, he has a good grasp of what he can pull off and not.

Then again, Punk has a weakness he shares with Jericho: they have a spot in mind they've done before and they go for it even though their bodies can't make them look as crisp or effective as before. Or they try shyt out they have no business doing, best example for Punk was him trying a buckshot lariat for no damn reason and fukking up the flow and drama of his match with Page.

Punk should just go for the simple and effective shyt he did with MJF and Eddie Kingston. If he sticks to that he's' gonna have dope matches in WWE, no doubt about it :manny: