Triple H named Head of Talent Relations and Creative in WWE. 2023 WON Booker of the Year.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Ehhh “territories” and “indies” aren’t all that different.
And I wouldn't trust most indie people now, because the bar is low as fukk to be a wrestler now. So many indie talents now are basically half a step above backyard wrestlers.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Yep, basically the same thing. Except territories were a bigger deal because there wasn’t any big national promotion until WWF, newly under Vince McMahon control, started buying or putting a lot of them out of business in the mid 80s
Al Snow already destroyed that argument about Vince ruining territories. You really think Vince was in a position to buy up all these territories if they were doing well? He still had to make his payments to the bank or else lose his company.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
Al Snow already destroyed that argument about Vince ruining territories. You really think Vince was in a position to buy up all these territories if they were doing well? He still had to make his payments to the bank or else lose his company.
It was most definitely legitimate business being conducted that in any other business would have been seen as clean and competitive.

I think the issue the older generation has with it is his father’s generation had an unwritten gentleman’s agreement that you would stay in your lane. If a territory fails it fails, but you didn’t do anything unwelcomed in another territory. Vince was purchasing TV rights up under people’s noses. These were the same guys his father had these agreements with.

It’s really the young yuppie businessman coming in and outsmarting all the good ol boys. A lot of these promoters were terrible and screwed a lot of good talent over. But it is what it is

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
It was most definitely legitimate business being conducted that in any other business would have been seen as clean and competitive.

I think the issue the older generation has with it is his father’s generation had an unwritten gentleman’s agreement that you would stay in your lane. If a territory fails it fails, but you didn’t do anything unwelcomed in another territory. Vince was purchasing TV rights up under people’s noses. These were the same guys his father had these agreements with.

It’s really the young yuppie businessman coming in and outsmarting all the good ol boys. A lot of these promoters were terrible and screwed a lot of good talent over. But it is what it is
And if Vince abided by that unwritten rule the WWF would've been fukked. Like you said, Vince just outsmarted everyone. AEW runs their schedule like the territories, and their low attendance is because they've exhausted the market. That was the future of all those territories, also factor in wrestlers eventually wanting more money.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
And if Vince abided by that unwritten rule the WWF would've been fukked. Like you said, Vince just outsmarted everyone. AEW runs their schedule like the territories, and their low attendance is because they've exhausted the market. That was the future of all those territories, also factor in wrestlers eventually wanting more money.

I don't think it's exhausting actual markets with their presence (I don't blame them for not running Corpus Christi or other markets that we shyt on for being terrible).

The problem Snowman has right now is he's terrible at builds to PPV's and then decided to book 3 PPV's (I know All In was supposed to be on Max but WBD dropped the ball on their end) and Grand Slam (which they treat as important as one) in a span of 35 days. The shows deliver, but he has trouble letting some stories breathe. It's why them going to 12 PPV's a year is a terrible move. At most, they should do 6.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
I don't think it's exhausting actual markets with their presence (I don't blame them for not running Corpus Christi or other markets that we shyt on for being terrible).

The problem Snowman has right now is he's terrible at builds to PPV's and then decided to book 3 PPV's (I know All In was supposed to be on Max but WBD dropped the ball on their end) and Grand Slam (which they treat as important as one) in a span of 35 days. The shows deliver, but he has trouble letting some stories breathe. It's why them going to 12 PPV's a year is a terrible move. At most, they should do 6.

yeah the sales for this PPV in Seattle are total ass so far and they haven't been there since January. There are definitely some markets he hits more frequently than others but the attendance issue is a problem even in areas they haven't been before. They've never been to Stockton before and the numbers are still mid for next week's Dynamite there.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
TKO stock down to $82/share now. Lowest WWE's stock has been in a while. Investors really seem to hate the new SD! deal going to USA. This is more than just a "sell the news" situation now. Down 20% over the past few trading sessions.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
TKO stock down to $82/share now. Lowest WWE's stock has been in a while. Investors really seem to hate the new SD! deal going to USA. This is more than just a "sell the news" situation now. Down 20% over the past few trading sessions.
It can be argued some of their mainstream appeal right now is due to being on network TV. But just speculation.