Triple H named Head of Talent Relations and Creative in WWE. 2023 WON Booker of the Year.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
FOX, for some reason, is trying to play hard ball with WWE in negotiations. SD! has had really good ratings for them so all I can assume is that the NFL is raiding FOX's pockets to the point where they can't afford WWE anymore.

FOX has said they can't sell enough ads at the price point needed to make them break even, much less make a profit, on the Smackdown contract. Unless that contract gets cheaper or allows for more ads, it's not going to get any easier to break even with fewer and fewer people watching linear tv every month.

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
I mean... they had no choice. It's 2023. They not gonna just put a bunch of white men in suits in the photo ops.

Why not? This was a photo op for a merger deal, not some diversity PR stunt. They didn't need to have Bianca nor Tez there and yet there they are. That's pretty big in my opinion.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Why not? This was a photo op for a merger deal, not some diversity PR stunt. They didn't need to have Bianca nor Tez there and yet there they are. That's pretty big in my opinion.
As someone who used to work in college athletics marketing/PR, this whole deal today is one massive PR/marketing event for WWE, UFC, and Endeavor. And it should be when it’s the start of a legitimately new era.

Does that make Bianca and Montez diversity picks? I don’t think so, especially not Bianca, she’s more than earned that spot. And Montez is her husband so makes sense for him to be there when he’s also talent.

Helps that they look presentable in non-wrestling environments unlike a lot of wrestlers are. Can you imagine throwing like Rhea Ripley or Dom up there on Wall Street? :picard:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
FOX, for some reason, is trying to play hard ball with WWE in negotiations. SD! has had really good ratings for them so all I can assume is that the NFL is raiding FOX's pockets to the point where they can't afford WWE anymore.

I'll wait for more legit sources. Anything Meltzer related needs to be assumed false until proven true.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Raw with its worst rating ever when excluding the best of episode from 12/26/23

The main event last night was proof that they were forfeiting the night to the NFL. That's why I like SD being on Fridays because there's no competition, also Friday isn't nearly the death slot it's been for the last 20 years. HHH better stop making RAW all about TJD, because ratings show they're not needle movers. People will watch a bad NFL game over an average RAW episode.